29 | Boyfight

A few days later

Riya's POV

"Where are we going Soda?" I asked holding his hand as we walked out into the cold air.

"We're going to that bonsai shop you mentioned the other day.. we never ended up going so i thought today would be fun." He shrugged.

"But it's almost 8 at night." I chuckled.

"Well yeah, but i went over earlier today and asked that man if we could visit." He replied stopping in front of Darry's truck.

"Alrighty then." I said as he opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I giggled as he buckled my seatbelt.

"Anything for my girl." He winked, kissing my cheek.

"Did you tell Dally you're taking me with you?" I asked.

"Yeah, he said to bring you back by 11." He replied as he sat beside me and started the car.

I felt my heart flutter as he put his hand on my knee, making his way out of the neighbourhood.

"How long does it take to get there?" I asked.

"About half an hour, beautiful." He smiled.

"Stop making me blush!!" I exclaimed covering my face and looking out the window.

"Awww, but you look so cute when you blush!" He cooed.

"Whateverrrrr," I dragged.

"Soda?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He replied, concentrating on the road.

"Do you ever look at me differently?... you know, cuz of the age difference." I asked shyly.

"Of course not. I just feel the need to protect you more. But I like protecting you so it's all good." He reassured.

"Listen, I-I'm sorry that you don't really get to do the things you did with Sandy with me..." I apologized.

"I don't wanna do those things to you, princess." he joked.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Oh uh, nevermind.." he said.

It took me a while to realize what he was saying before I gasped.

"Soda!! I didn't mean it like thaaaat." I flushed.

"Yeah, yeah." He laughed.

"I meant like... you know, going to drag races and stuff like that." I explained.

"And you don't need to worry about that stuff. I'm happy with you and I'll do anything in the world to stay with you." He said.

"I love you." I commented.

"I love you more."

At the store

We walked out of the car to see Mr. Miyagi leaving the store. He saw us and walked over.

"Hello! Daniel San is waiting for you. I go home. Need to eat." He said.

"Oh that's alright sir. Thank you so much." Soda replied.

"Hai. Have nice night." Mr. Miyagi said walking to his car.

"You too!" I waved.

"He's so sweet." I muttered walking into the store.

"Daniel!" I exclaimed looking around.

Soda walked in moments later.

"Aye, who's the kid?" Daniel asked from his hiding spot.