7. Attack of the Shepard

*Ponyboy's POV*

I walked back down to the living room expecting to see Riya watching tv but instead I found her face down on the couch. I quickly walked over to our shelf to get our camera and snapped a picture of her.

"Why're you taking pictures?" Soda asked rubbing his eyes.

"Look at the couch." I chuckled softly.

He looked at the couch and when he realized what I was laughing at, he joined in with me.

"The poor girl." He chuckled walking over to her.

"She probably only got a few hours of sleep... It's pretty early ain't it?" He said playing with her hair.

"Soda, I'm confused." I said.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Do you like her or not?" I asked.

"I don't know bud," He sighed.

"I think I'm starting to like her but whenever I think of anything my brother instincts kick in telling me it's not right. That's telling me that I don't... I don't know, I'm still trying to figure all this out." He finished.

"Does she like me?" He asked with a glimmer in his eyes. I can't tell him. He's not even sure if he likes her and if she finds out I told, she'll be embarrassed for the rest of her life...

"I'm not sure." I lied.

"Should we wake her up?" He asked looking at her.

"Nah, I think you should take her to bed." I replied.

He was going to take her upstairs when a loud banging noise from the door woke her up.

"Who is that?" She asked sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"I don't know but that was damn loud. Let me check, Ponyboy you take Riya up to the room." He said seriously.

"What's going on?" She asked scared.

"Don't worry, nothing's gonna happen." He said walking to the door. We quietly ran upstairs and hid in the room waiting for something to happen.

*Riya's POV*

"I'm scared Ponyboy." I said.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." He replied.

"There was loud knocking on the front door, we're sitting squished in your closet and oh yeah not to mention, YOUR OLDER BROTHER HAS BEEN DOWN THERE FOR OVER 10 MINUTES!!!!!" I whisper shouted.

"Get out!" Soda exclaimed from downstairs.

"Pony what's going on?" I asked getting worked up.

"I don't know. He can defend himself, don't worry." He replied.

"We don't know how many people are down there-"

"She isn't here, now go!" Soda shouted.

"A-Are they looking for me?" I asked.

"You're the only girl.." He replied obviously. I gave him a look.

"No shizzle sherlock." I said.

"Should I go down there?" I asked getting up.

"No!" He whisper shouted.

"Sorry, but I love him. So do you. We help the ones we love. He always helps us Ponyboy. We need to help him someday don't we?" I asked trying to convince him.