25. Worth It

The next morning

Johnny's POV

I beat Curly up real good. I don't know where it came from, I haven't fought in a while. I guess I finally snapped. I'm lying in bed with Riya right now. Pony and Soda both agreed to sleep in the living room. They thought I needed proper rest.

A few minutes later I heard the door creak open. I saw Pony walk into the room.

"Good morning Johnny." He whispered grabbing some clothes and his toothbrush.

"Morning." I replied.

"What's everyone up to?" I asked.

"Well, Darry went to work, Soda's getting ready for work, Steve's waiting for Soda and Two's god knows where." He explained.

"So we're gonna be home alone?" I asked.

"Yeah but we gotta go meet Dal later." He shrugged.

"I'll come back after I shower." He said. I nodded as he walked away.

I looked back at Riya and sighed. I still can't believe what happened. She doesn't deserve it, she's like a little sister to me. I ran my hand through her hair. Her face is all beat up... she looks so hurt.

I felt her stir in her sleep. She grasped onto my arm and sighed.

"Good morning Johnny." She muttered a few seconds later as she rubbed her eyes.

I heard her whisper an 'ow' as she brought her arms down.

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked.

"I can just tell." She replied opening her eyes.

"Really? Then I bet you can tell us all apart just by touch, huh?" I asked.

"Nope, just you, Soda and Dally." She answered.

"Your morning voice is really cute." She complimented.

"Gee, thanks. I like that nest you got goin' on." I smirked.

"Oh, please. It's not my fault it gets this way." She shrugged.

"But on a real note here, we gotta talk about the plan." I brought up.

"Plan? What plan?" She asked.

"You already forgot? Us fake dating?" I asked trying to get her to remember.

"Oh yeah, sorry." She said facepalming.

"Ouch!" She exclaimed.

"That hurt, I didn't know there was a bandage on my head." She added.

"You're literally bandaged everywhere." I informed.

"You were beat up so bad, I'm so sorry we didn't get there sooner." I whispered.

"Johnny come closer." She said in the same tone. I did as she said.

"You're even more beat up than I am." She pointed out as she sipped some water from her cup on the night table.

"No I'm not. Even if I were, I'm already used to it anyways." I sighed.

She laid back down.

"You're really cute Johnny." She muttered sleepily.

"You've already told me that, but thanks." I thanked.

"So how should we-"

We got cut off by someone walking into the room.

"Oh, h-hey Soda." Riya greeted as she saw him.