5. The Nightly Double Trouble

"He's in the other room. He's alright, just got a bruise on his face," Darry replied.

"And why am I in this bed?" I asked.

"We think you could have a concussion. Y'hit your head pretty hard so we called the neighbour to come check on you."

"The doctor neighbour?"

"You think we're gonna bring a stripper doctor to come check on you?!" Two-Bit joked. We all looked at him.

"Why the hell are you cackling like that?" I asked unamused.

"Sorry..." He muttered.

"No, I'm sorry. I have a headache, my head is killing me," I groaned, clutching my head

"Want an aspirin?" Ponyboy asked nicely.

"Yes, please." I replied sitting up.

We sat in silence as he went to get me the asprin. I watched as Two picked his nose and disgustingly rubbed it on Steve, only to get smacked upside the head by Darry. A couple moments later we heard the door open.

"How is she?" the voice asked.

"She's fine, you go to bed now." Darry replied, trying to send the person away.

"No, I need to see her," the person replied.

I saw a shadow walk into the room. I couldn't make out who it was until they sat beside me on the bed. I gasped when I saw his face.

"Soda! Oh my gosh, what happened to you?" I exclaimed, seeing a huge bruise on his cheek.

"What happened to me? More like what happened to you! You look dead," he replied loudly.

"Thanks for the compliment," I joked.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." I muttered out of nowhere, quickly laying back down.

"What's wrong?" Johnny asked.

"I think my brain just died," I replied rubbing my temples. Ponyboy walked in right on time and handed me the asprin and some water.

"Is this hot water?" I asked.

"What do you think?" He replied.

"I can't even feel through the cup, how am I supposed to know?"

"... When's the doctor coming?" Soda asked concerned.

"The doctor's here." Steve replied, walking in with the neighbour.

"I'm going to need everyone to back away." Mr. Smith said.

"Your name's Mr. Smith right?" I asked. Everyone looked at me and stayed quiet. Did I say something wrong?

"What did you say happened to her again?" Mr. Smith asked.

"So, I'm guessing your name isn't Mr. Smith..." My voice trailed off.

"First of all, I'm a girl. Second, I'm Mrs. Windsdale. Remember me? I'm the one who bought you cotton candy at that new store you went to," she replied. I thought for a few minutes... Oh, her!

"What store?" Dally asked.

"The store on the soc side of Tulsa! It's a new candy shop." Mrs. Windsdale replied. I mentally facepalmed. I'm dead.

"You went to the soc side? Without anyone?" He asked worried. I couldn't reply because she stuck a stick in my mouth.

"No, she was with a boy. Johnny, I think." She replied. Everyone looked at him.