Chapter 31

Thanks so much for 58K reads, I can't even comprehend that!!!

A/N - Pease Read

On another note...

I know this is just a story and there are certain things people may not like, but please don't be mean. I really appreciate when people point out grammar and spelling errors, but sometimes I get comments that make me want to stop writing altogether...

I'm not saying that I can't or won't accept constructive criticism, because that is something I welcome with open arms. I'm just asking for all of you to keep in mind that although this is just a fictional story, there is still a very real person behind the story.

I've actually tried writing on Wattpad several times before, but sometimes it's just too much with my mental health issues so I always ended up dropping whatever story I was writing.

I've dropped this story three times in the past three years... I am trying to get through it and make it emotional, fun, and interesting for everyone. But I am a human too and if I keep getting the same comments I have been the past week I don't know If I'll be able to keep doing this...

Reading all of your comments is literally my favorite part of the day and I wouldn't be able to continue this without them. Seeing everyone's reactions to the things I write beings me an indescribable joy, but please be considerate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"Here you go," Zay's dad handed us a small booklet. "This here is the keycode for your apartment. These are the codes to the facilities, and the wifi password as well as the maintenance numbers."

Lucas and I stood outside of our new apartment. Andreas had really outdone himself, the place was ridiculously nice, but it also had a homey feeling to it.

"Thank you so much. It must have been hard to find a place like this in just one week, are you sure you don't want us to pay you? We really don't mind..." I trailed off as Andreas raised his hand dismissively.

"Anything for Zay's friends. It was hard to convince the landlord to let two 17-year-olds lease the place, but I know that Kai is turning 18 soon and I vouched for you so they eventually caved. Anyhow, I'll let you get to unpacking," he smiled as we waved him goodbye.

I glanced down the hallway, truly taking in our new place. It resembled a high-class hotel in certain ways. The walls were coated with a light bluish-grey color and the doors were a deep mahogany brown.

"Shall we?" Lucas asked. I could barely see his face due to the two large boxes stacked in his hands.

I punched in the long number sequences to the black and blue keypad. A small beep rang through my ears as the lock clicked open.

I pushed the door open and ushered Lucas inside, grabbing one of the four boxes we had placed on the floor. We set them down right by the entrance as we both went back outside to take in the rest of our things.

We were both light packers with not a lot of personal belongings, the heaviest things were all things from my old place that I paid for myself such as the plates and utensils as well as my TV. The rest of our stuff was mostly comprised of clothing.

I huffed, softly placing a heavy box on top of two others. Lucas closed the door behind, "Should we take a look around first?"

I turned away from the door to face the kitchen. There was an island counter in the center. The bottom of it had light grey cabinets and a dark grey marble countertop above it. Cabinets lined the walls with the same granite counter underneath them. The dishwasher was placed next to the sink, both looked fancy.