Chapter 30*

*Warning: Mild Sexual content

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"I told you, Zay! Lucas and I can search for an apartment online, it's not that difficult. We don't need your dad's help!" I grunted at the boy as I shoved his arm off of my shoulder.

"Aww come on, man! Don't be like that," Zay whined as we made our way to a table outside for lunch. "And I'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for Lucas! He won't even talk to me after what happened, I need to get back on his good side!"

I threw my backpack on the ground as I took a seat at the picnic table next to Lucas who was already having a quiet conversation with Sarah and Jack.

"Shut up, you're being too loud, he has a concussion remember. If you want to help him out, just keep your mouth closed," I rolled my eyes as Lucas turned to me.

"What are you two talking about?" He asked.

"My dad's a real estate agent!" Zay shoved me off the bench and took the seat next to Lucas.

I hit the floor with a loud thud, "Seriously?" I ground my teeth as I stood up, brushing the dirt off of my back.

The dark boy was facing Lucas and had sparkles in his eyes, "I already talked to him and he said he'd help you guys find a place, free of charge, completely on the house!"

"If I say yes will you stop yelling in my ear?" Lucas winced at the loud noises coming from Zay.

"Yes! If you agree to let me help you I won't say another word for the rest of the day!" We all knew he was lying, I'd pay good money to see Zay go an entire day without talking.

"Fine, fine," Lucas rubbed his temples, "anything to get you to be quiet."

Jack chuckled and Sarah giggled as Zay jumped up in the air, "Fuck yeah! One step closer to getting out of the dog house!"

"It's not you who's stuck in the dog house," Sarah laughed, "Kai is."

"I'm working on it," I muttered. "Oh, and Zay?"

He turned around to look at me," Yeah?"

I walked toward him and hovered a couple of feet away for a second before quickly raising my arms and smacking the back of his head.

Zay doubled over and grabbed his head, "Ow! What was that for?"

"That's for pushing me off the bench," I sat down next to Lucas once again. "It's kinda loud here, isn't it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, a little."

I sighed, "I told you, you should have stayed home. What if your concussion gets worse?" I ran my hand through his hair, pushing the right side back so that I could see his face.

"Awww," Sarah cooed, "maybe you should have been this sweet and considerate before you decided to give him that concussion."

I looked down at my hands and didn't say anything. Everyone ignored the jab because we all knew that it was true.

"So," Zayden broke the silence, "My Dad is actually hella booked, but if you two drop by my house after school today y'all can talk about what you're looking for and stuff."

Lucas huffed, "Okay."

Once lunch was over, I was super clingy toward Lucas throughout the remainder of our classes. I couldn't hold his hand or kiss him in public, but I could sit as close as I wanted.