B R O O M S T I C K

As Ophelia reached her bedroom, she pulled off her gown, only wearing a white tank top and some blue chequered shorts as pyjamas.

"Um what to wear..." She murmured as she flicked through the clothes in her wardrobe.

Eventually she picked out a black tube top, straight legged jeans and a white cardigan to put on top.

After dressing and washing her face she went back down the stairs to see Cedric again.

"Looking good Ophelia" Cedric laughed as he stood up and offered her his hand.

"Why, thank you, Cedric" Ophelia replied and took his hand to help her down the stairs.

"What were you planning on doing today?" Cedric asked her as they both sat down in the living room.

"I'm not sure, we can just stay in and talk if you don't need to do anything?" Ophelia answered and looked back at his face.

"I don't need to do anything, so sounds fun!" He admitted, and placed him arm gently around her shoulders.

Ophelia immediately went tense and moved further away from him; but she said nothing.

"So... you wanna spill about you and Draco?" Cedric began after an awkward silence.

"Sure, I guess I should tell someone about it." Ophelia responded.

"Yeah, I'm always here for you Ophelia. We've known each other for years now, it's ok." He stated kindly.

"Um, thanks Cedric. Well at the start of the year, I met Draco on the train and then we got closer and closer, we might have slept with each other a few times, and then he asked me to be his girlfriend; I said yes, and then a few days later, I found out I was pregnant and I caught him cheating on me with Hermione..." Ophelia wept, on the verge of crying.

"I liked him so, so much, I think I still do but he was wrong on doing that to me and it will take a while to forgive him."

"Wow, I get you. But remember it is up to you on what you decide to do Ophelia." Cedric exclaimed and pulled her into a hug, she hugged him back, but not as much as he would have liked.

"Wanna do something fun?" He declared and stood up.

"Sure, but like what?" Ophelia questioned as she stood up too.

"Um, we could go to that lake we always went to as kids? It's a nice day, it'll be fun." Cedric pleaded, walked to the hallway and grabbed their coats which were hung up in a cupboard.

"Oh why not, let's go!" Ophelia replied, pulled her coat on and opened up the front door.

They walked down a cobbled path and driveway to the shed, "Grab a broom and hopefully I can still remember how to fly" Ophelia laughed, and took a nimbus 2000 out of the shed.

"Ah why did you leave me with this ancient thing? I'm a better flyer than you!" Cedric yelled and pulled an old and splintered broom from the shed.

"Well, it's better than nothing Ced. Do you think it's ok for me to be flying with the baby?" Ophelia pondered and stroked her growing bump.

"Yeh, we can just be careful." He answered, they both clambered on to their brooms, kicked off from the ground at flew high in to the air.

"Woah, everything looks so much better from up here" Ophelia stated, looking down at all the green fields.

"Mhm, its beautiful" Cedric responded, but looking at Ophelia and not at the ground. "Oh, is that the lake over there? I'm pretty sure that's it Ophelia."

"Um, yeh I think so. Let's go down to land now" Ophelia said and lowered her broom down to the ground.

They landed amongst some trees, and could see the stunning, shiny lake in front of their eyes.

Suddenly Cedric dropped his broom and ran to the lake, pulling his shirt off as he went.

"Cedric? What are you doing?" Ophelia shouted at him, just as he dived into the transparent waters, "You are a fucking idiot Cedric!"

"I'm less of an fucking idiot than you are" He replied, just as Ophelia walked to the edge of the lake.

"Now get in, it's not that cold, it'll be good for the baby; and you!"

"But I didn't bring a swimsuit..." Ophelia said as she looked down into the water, trying to see what Cedric was wearing.

"Have you just got your underwear on Cedric? I'm definitely not getting in now" She laughed, and sat down with just her legs in the water.

"Yeh, even though it's the start of January, it's still pretty warm in here" He replied, as he pulled himself out and sat down next to her.

She passed him his trousers and his shirt, and he quickly got dressed.

"You know, I want to tell you something and I think now is the perfect time Ophelia" Cedric announced softly, looking down at her face.

"Ok, I'm listening..." She answered nervously.

"Well, I've been obsessed with you ever since I saw you again and I think I've fallen for you Orzabel." Cedric blurted out, and immediately blushed.

"Really? Ok. Um Cedric, I will always love you... as a friend; now is a difficult time for me, with the baby and I still think about Draco. I'm sorry Ced..." Ophelia explained, looking quite guilty.

"Its okay, I am a few years older than you anyway. But we should get going now..." Cedric answered, feeling hurt that she didn't feel the same way.

~ * ~