c h a p t e r. 1 4

Warning: this chapter is highly unedited, so be prepared to tackle typos and grammatical errors!

Question: Would you rather always be dressed up or wear pajamas' for the rest of your life?

I internally groaned as the buzzing of my phone alerted everyone of our presence. 

Coughing awkwardly I avoided looking at anyone and instead opted for observed the room. My eyes landed on the him. My— our  father.

His physical apperance was nearly the same as I remember from all those years ago, minus the few wrinkles ofcourse. For his age, he looked quite young, nothing like a father of seven children.

Oh wait he wasn't one to being with.

The atomsphere in the room turned even more tense as everyone kept glancing between us and him. A painful nudge to my ribs broke me out of my not so bitter thoughts, hissing under my breathe I gently rubbed the sore spot whilst glare at Maeve, who was in turn already glaring at me.

"Luce stop glaring at him!"

"I'm not glaring at anyone." I lied.

"If looks could kill, he'd be 15 feet under." Mae whisper scoffed disbelivingly.

"Yeah if only..."  I grumbled.

"Luce!"

Huffing I averted my glare towards the floor, so much for being my sister. 

"Ahem.." Luciano cleared his throat making everyone's attention snap towards him.

He shifted in his seat as everyone stared at him. If not for the situation it would have being funny, infact extremely hilarious to witness my oldest and most strictest brother squirm in his seat. As if realising that, he quickly recovered and nodded towards us.

Shuffling slightly, Maeve opened her mouth to say something just as another person entered the room, completely oblivious to the tense atmosphere.

Yeah dude this is a carnival, please do join us.

"The deal is final. We just have to sign the alliance I have discussed the treaty. And—" The person paused at the doorway, trailing his eyes over everyone before skillfully retracing their footsteps to slip out of the entrance. "—And .. and I forgot to water my um ...turtle? yeah, my turtle. I'll be back later."

"You dont even own a turtle Blake"

Scoffing he narrowed his eyes at me, "You don't know that."

Ignoring him I continued "Besides one can't water a turtle."

They can't. ...right?

"Well I can. Turtle is the name of my fucking cactus and hence can be watered."