c h a p t e r. 1 5

Trigger warning: This is the first draft, buckle up— you are going to face many typos and errors.

The pain in my ribs worsened as I ran towards the house. I was trying my best to run as fast as I could with few bruised ribs and a sprained ankle.

I knew I was going to be late, there was no fucking way to avoid that but, the truth was I couldn't afford to be late, my body was already sore from yesterdays beatings and I had the feeling that the next beating might be my last one- and that thought was more terrifying than the beating itself.

The thoughts of taking my own life flashed my brain. It would be better than this constant torture, but what does being dead felt like? Was it peaceful? Or just numb and dark? Maybe it— shaking my head I got rid of those toxic thoughts.

I can't be that selfish. Gritting my teeth I reminded myself that my death wasn't going to solve anything, it would just cause more pain to the people I love.

Ignoring the feeling of exhaustion, I continued my journey, willing my legs to pump faster so that I could make it back in time or at least a little closer to the ridiculous curfew because I knew I had to pay for every second I was out.

Speeding down the all too familiar street, I jumped over the fence right into our backyard and hastily climb up the tree that leads to the room window. Sliding the window open I didn't even get the chance to throw my bag inside before I was yanked in with immense force.

Forcing my body to twist I made sure I don't land on my bad side as the knowing sound of bone cracking resonates throughout my shady room followed by the pain in my already sprained ankle.

"Sneaking in through the windows? Where the fuck were you, you whore?"

I bit my lip not giving him any sick pleasure from my screams of pain as he stomped on my ankle.

Tears burned my eyes as he kicked me in the ribs with a force that had all the wind knocked out of my lungs.

"speak when asked to you little bitch." He snarled yanking me up by my hair.

"sc-school i- I was at sch—"

"Do not lie to me you ungrateful brat. You weren't at school— I got the call from the principal saying you skipped the classes—" glaring at me he slammed my head at the edge of the old rickety bed.

"—so fucking tell me where you were. Looks like you were whoring around with some disgusting males, weren't you?"

My eyes widened at his statement, shaking my head furiously I denied his accusation but it all went to deaf ears as he grinned down at my shaking figure with a sinister grin and lustful eyes.

"no- no, please no! I swear I was at school- please ahhhhhhh—"

"He is here too, you are going to enjoy it just like you did last time"