c h a p t e r. 6

"wha- what? Uh

"wha- what? Uh...no"

Dante spluttered looking at me wide eyed, Piero stood beside him frozen on his spot. They both continued to stare, mouth agape, as if I was the newest model of iPhone on the market.

Geez people get a life

Breaking from his shock, Dante opened his mouth- most likely to refuse the fact and call me a fool for assuming things but before he could utter a single word I interrupted him.

"Don't bother, we don't want to make you the next Pinocchio now do we?." I said with a sweet sarcastic smile. Not giving him a chance to reply I hastily made my way towards the second kitchen where the chef has most likely have already prepared the breakfast for Mae.

Grabbing the breakfast tray I thanked the chef and walked up the stairs. Groaning internally I tried to open the door with my legs.

Keyword: tried

I glanced around to make sure I was alone before muttered an easy spell under my breathe making the door fly opened.

Yes I'm secretly a witch, a evil one!

Snorting internally at myself, I turned and thanked the maid for opening the door for me before entering the room. maybe i should stop reading those god damn books

Keeping the tray on the night stand I opened the curtains allowing the tender morning rays to enter the room.

"Rise and shine sunshine" I sang turning around. Groaning she slowly opened her eyes giving me a sleepy pout, before stretching her muscles.

"Waking someone up at such ungodly hour should be illegal" she grumbled falling back on the bed. Handing her the mug of coffee, I rolled my eyes. Illegal my ass

"well the early bird catches the worm?"

"Sorry i'm vegan" Maeve scoffed.

"-on the second thought why does my head feels like I have had tons of drinks" She whined clutching her head with her free hand, sighing I handed her the painkillers.

"Well I have painkillers for you, just freshen up and eat your breakfast first" nodding her head she lazily made her way to the washroom.

Laying on her bed I stared at the ceiling. My thoughts running around the same topic. Italian Mafia. Why didn't they took us in before? Did they took us in now out of pity? Do they even want us here? Scoffing I planted my face into the pillow letting out a muffled scream.

This is so fucking frustrating. And on top of that I not so bluntly told them that I knew their oh so great secret. I feel like smacking myself with a pill-

"Lu are you ok?"

"Just peachy" I roll over to the side to face her.

"Yeah that is why you were glaring daggers at that poor as if it stole your Oreos and kit Kat's " she rolled her eyes sitting down on the bed beside me.