chapter 60

KIKIOPE

"So, you want him to put up a banner and announce to the whole school abi?" Bimpe questioned and I shook my head.

"I didn't say that."

She pursed her lips, "Then what's stopping you from saying yes."

I turned to her, "So, you expect me to just go to him and say yes without him asking me anything abi."

Since we got back yesterday evening, Bimpe and Doyin had taken pleasure in  bugging me about the matter to the extent that we had to sleep late.

She rolled her eyes, "You..."

The voice of Aunty Flourish; our Home management teacher cut her short, "Bimpe!"

Bimpe quickly snapped her head towards her with a faint smile, "Ma."

"What did I say last?" She queried and Bimpe glanced at me before replying.

Aunty Flourish frowned at her, "I'm asking you what I said last, see the person I'm talking to and you're still sitting."

"Ma, don't mind her, that's how she use to do," Bella butts in and I glared at her.

"I didn't ask for your opinion," our teacher snapped.

"Yeh!" Bimpe and I shouted before laughing and other students joined.

"That's enough," our teacher cautioned, and we all kept quiet.

Then she continued, "Bimpe, you can have your seat and stop talking in my class."

"Yes ma," she replied before sitting.

"As I was saying, next week Wednesday is the homemakers day..."

Precious cut in, "But we are going home for the midterm break next week Wednesday."

Aunty Flourish hissed and turned back to us, "So, I want my class to come first in all presentation."

"Yes oo," we all screamed, and she smiled.

"Precious you're the class monitress right?"

Precious nodded, "Yes ma."

"Good, you're to collect the money for your class food, other than that, Kikiope, Bella and Tunde will represent our class for the cooking competition."

Tunde and Pimples factory were the only guys offering Home management in our class, and they were more like nuisance though Tunde is a good cook but you see that Pimples factory is just a foolish and lazy boy who decided to offer the subject because he was lazy to study geography.

"Ma?" I questioned.

"Yes, you guys should discuss it in your class and give me the feedback concerning your choice of food."

Bella shrieked, "Yayy, don't worry ma, our class would surely win, we..."

Aunty Flourish cut her off, "Kikiope you'll do the baking too."

"Okay ma."

"So, Bimpe and Precious should coordinate the class food."

"Alright ma," they replied concurrently.

She nodded, "Kaffy and Tolani would join other students for the decorations."

Bimpe pinched me and I slapped her hand away.

"Other than that students in dress and bead making should see me after this class."

"Alright ma," they chorused.