chapter 57

KHALID

Immediately we walked out of the Vice Principal's office, Bimpe who had been sent on an errand by the V. P's secretary quickly ran to the canteen while Kikiope increased her pace. I smiled before grabbing her hand.

"What?" She jerked her hand away quickly and proceeded to leave but I obstructed her.

"Get out of my way!"

I chuckled, "Okay but before that tell me why you're angry?"

She squeezed her face.

"Do I look like angry bird?"

I chuckled, "Well, you look like one right now."

She pursed her lips before placing her hand on her hips, "I think you've forgotten we'll be leaving in the next thirty minutes."

I shrugged, "And so?"

"We have to get our things," she eyed me and I laughed heartily.

"Like you're spending days there abi."

"Whatever," she gave a dismissive wave of her hand and proceeded to leave again while I obstructed her.

"What is it?"

"You've been avoiding me for days now."

She scrunched her brows, "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean," I deadpanned.

She shrugged, "I don't understand."

"I take it that you didn't miss me at all, I mean nothing to you right?"

She creased her brows and looked up at me, our eyes met, and she looked away quickly before sighing, "Khalid, see, if it's about what happened two days ago, it doesn't mean anything, I was only carried away, it's just a kiss, no strings attached."

I scoffed, "What do you mean by that?"

She rolled her eyes, "You know what I mean."

"Okay, if you call that nothing, what of the last time we did a video call, you said something."

She arched her brows, "What did I say? I can't remember anything."

"You want me to say it?"

"See, Khalid, stop all this okay, I need to get ready," she pushed my chest gently and walked away quickly, I huffed before trailing behind her.

I stared at her retreating figure before I entered my class to get my things, not quite long, I went to the rendezvous, good thing others were already there.

Immediately I sat down, I saw her approach and our eyes met, but she looked away quickly before sitting beside Bimpe.

"You're back?" She turned to Bimpe who nodded.

"Yeah, shebi you have pen and paper in your bag?"

Kikiope nodded, "Yeah, that's all we need right?"

"No, we can still buy snacks and some other things."

"We can get them in Abuja na."

"Abuja?" Kunmi interrupted with surprise evident in his voice.

"Are you going to Abuja or what?" Doyin queried.

"Yeah, the V.P just called us to tell us about it, we'll be representing the school for the children's parliament," Bimpe explained.

"And that's today?" Abee inquired.

"Yes, we'll be leaving soon gan, we..." The voice of a student interrupted her.