chapter 5

Guys please, I got nominated in the Nigeria Readers choice awards and I want you to nominate me under the 'best frequently updated writer's🙏🙏Here is the link https://my.w.tt/sYi4RRqDT7. Thanks 💖

KIKIOPE

After pasting the new article on the school's notice board, other students walked up to the board while I left for our rendezvous with Bimpe. Every Wednesdays which was like the social day in JANU College, I pasted articles or short story on our notice board being the chief editor of our press club and automatically the assistant head of the literary and debating club while Bimpe was also an assistant too even though we didn't join it, but we were the school representative after all.

"We're back," I announced to Abee and Kunmi who were already seated.

Immediately Bimpe and I had our seat, Doyin and Khalid appeared.

"Hey," they greeted in unison, they just got back from the JETs class, Khalid sat on his usual seat which was opposite me while Doyin sat by me. We were all 'stabbing' plot today not like we do go in the first place.

"Aunty, bring out the food na," Kunmi shouted and I rolled my eyes before bringing out the coolers.

Quickly, Kunmi dragged the first cooler to their side and I stopped him halfway.

"That's for we girls," I told him, and he looked at me as if I'd grown horns.

"Why is it different from our own?" Khalid inquired and I pursed my lips before turning to the girls, and we exchanged glances  'e ma wo awon eleyi sha'.

"Don't tell me there's additional something in your own," Abee guessed.

"Exactly, that's the reason," Doyin told him before dragging the cooler from Kunmi who was trying so hard to not let go but Doyin was stronger than him, she was an athlete who ran marathon race too and I believe that made her stronger.

The guys grumbled as they collected their cooler while we stuck out our tongues at them. I'd intentionally added more chickens into the girls cooler while the guys had only three chickens in theirs.

"I only appreciate the jollof rice," Khalid started.

"Me too, you know we love chickens and you gave us only one," Abee added.

"Oga oo, even though we all love your jollof rice more than anything, you should have complimented it with good chickens, imagine, she gave us two legs and the ori of the adiye while they took the laps and other fleshy part," Kunmi concluded. I'd always known he was more than jerky.

Doyin, Bimpe and I erupted into a mocking laughter.

Seconds later, Doyin replied"If you don't want the leg and head…"

"We're available," Bimpe completed, and we bursted into laughter while the guys eyed us.

Minutes later, the bell was jingled for assembly, luckily, we'd finished the meal, so, Bimpe and I just stood up to return the bag to our class while others went to the assembly.

When we got to the assembly, other students were making noise and the Prefects were finding it hard to control them, it wasn't long before Ọyọndẹkun as our civics teacher was popularly called appeared on the podium, that woman's breast ehn, it was like a mountain, very big and full that it even rested on her stomach, main reason she was nicknamed Oyondekun by we JANU Icons before it became a thing for everyone, but she wasn't aware though, most mocking names were always invented by we JANU Icons.

"Everybody go down!" She ordered and everyone obeyed but not without everyone replying "Low!!" it was somehow like a thing on the assembly, most times it was always conducted on our kneels.