chapter 20

KIKIOPE

I felt a hand on my body and my eyes opened slowly while wondering if I was dreaming or not, raising my head slowly, I laid my eyes on Moye it was as if I should slap her but I only groaned.

"What is it?" I shrieked.

"AY is here," she announced.

Immediately, my eyelids opened that instant.

"What do you mean?" I removed my duvet away from my body.

"He just went down to Khalid's place, he said he'll be here in a few."

"What!" I jumped out of bed and stared back at my alarm.

"It didn't ring?" I pointed at the alarm and Moye smiled.

"It isn't time yet, I guess AY decided to come early today."

Instantly I rushed into the bathroom. Did I wake up late on the first day of resumption or what? This AY is stupid oo, why would he come so early today? I grumbled while having my bath quickly, in a twinkle of an eye, I rushed out of the bathroom the way I rushed in, immediately I finished dressing, AY's horn came up as he kept on blaring the horn.

"Take your food oo," Moye called behind me as I picked up my bag.

"Thanks jare, for all of us right?"

She nodded and I waved at her before walking out of the house. After dropping my bags in the boot, I entered the car and AY zoomed off.

"Why did he come early?" I questioned Bimpe who was right beside me immediately I entered the car.

"You won't greet us first abi?" Kunmi shouted from the front.

I smiled, "Good morning sir oo."

Everyone laughed before I waved at Tunde while I ignored Khalid's smile at me before turning to my now bigger Bimpe.

"Seems like it was only food you ate throughout the holidays, the one that you're fatter yii."

She chuckled, "I didn't eat that much ooo and everyone keeps saying I'm fatter, see the way you're also glowing."

Courtesy of Sugar Boy, he'd given us the new body cream and soap that would be launched soon last week.

"That's the truth oo, anyway why is AY early today, it's not yet 6:30 gan," I asked while glancing at the wristwatch Sugar Boy gave Moye and I. We'd gotten along pretty well ever since he revealed his identity but what still baffles me is why he stays at our place and most of all why he's in a relationship with Mama D?

"He has to go back home early, his wife mustn't know he left the house," Bimpe whispered to me, she stayed in the same street with AY.

"What? Why?"

"His baby is missing, we've been looking for her since yesterday," Bimpe revealed.

I squeezed my face, "What? The baby that we just did her naming ceremony two days ago is missing, how come?"

"Reduce your voice joor, anyway, I don't know how the baby disappeared oo, but they've been looking for her since yesterday."

"Are you sure nobody kidnapped her?"

Bimpe opened her mouth to reply but AY impeded her, "Get down and answer me ooo."

I looked out through the window and was caught by surprise. How did he get to school so quickly? We all got down from the car and immediately we got our things and walked into the school that was still somehow empty, apparently, we were the first students in school then he zoomed off.