"When Riza and I get here extra early, I nap while she talks to Armstrong and the others." Gripping my coffee mug, I sit in the middle chair, Ed and Riza sitting beside me, as Havok hastily rushes in. "We forgot about Havok."

He grins as he pulls up a chair, winking at me to set of my brothers. Rolling my eyes, I reach out to touch my hand to my brothers elbows, willing for him to calm before one of his vessels burst. Yet Roy looks similar to his baring teeth and scrunched face, anger seeming to boil from within him.

I sigh, Riza giving me a small smile. "The attack last night." She seems to be reminding the boys of the subject, resulting in Ed and Al to jerk in surprise. There heads turn to me, as I stand, at the motion request of my superior. I roll up the sleeve of my real arm, showing the bruises and light burns that take up most of my upper body at the moment. Riza stands as well, pulling my golden strands into a high ponytail, revealing more of the damage on me.

"Why is she burned?" Al asks, his voice split into octaves as his eyes turn to the only fire user we know of.

Ed speaks, his voice small and resigned. "What battle?"

I look for permision to speak, and Roy gives me a nod, swallowing hard. "Riza and I were attacked leaving the office last night at 7:02, which would be why I didn't make it to our session. By an Ishvalan. Mustang and Havok were on there way out to the parking lot when the fight went halfway, giving him two targets."

"Only two?" Ed asks, and i can't help but look at Al, finding his orbs set in stone at Roy. 'This is going to be fun.'

"Mustang and I. He's looking for state alchemists." I say, my voice small as Riza prods at some of the injuries - mainly the burns - springing slight pain into them.

"Technicians will be searching the cameras today to pin an identity." Havok speaks, and I find him rubbing his shoulder painfully in remembrance. Glancing to Ed, who is glaring at my bruised skin is hatred and also the cropped edge of my shirt.

"Alright, Em. Arms up." Riza states, and i hear my brothers gasp as i lift my arms, showing off the entirety of my stomach, and the very edge of my bra line. I can hear the thoughts in Eds head, the emotions that come with letting his twin be a dog of the military too. But he stays quiet as Roy's trusty glare sets in. A glare for everyone to remain quiet, but also a glare for the person who did this.

"I didnt know it was this bad." Havok mutters, and Al punches him in the arm for the return of silence, but i could feel fhe underlying protectiveness burning through his and Ed's veins. Just as it burned in me for them.

The room is quiet, and i am able to lower my arms as Riza finishes, and i stay standing, waiting for Roy to speak. Both of our gazes are cold, knowing the next sentence that comes out of his mouth before it escapes. "We need to be careful. I want you in someone's sight from this office or General Hughes at all times." My mouth drops, surprised that he would say it.

"Just me? What about you, Mister State Alchemist?" The anger burns up through my blood as we stare each other down. "You misewell have a bodyguard too."

"I have my powers-"

"That don't work if you get wet or your gloves do. What happens when this guy attacks you in the shower? Or on the street while its raining?" I counter, interrupting him. I see Havok sink in his chair, ready for the show. Ed and Al glance at each other, and i catch the whisper of the burns. "You got lucky it wasn't raining last night."

"Luck is all it takes."

"Enough." Riza says, her hands firm as she leans onto the desk. "Con., I insist that you stay with us for the next couple of days. Ed and Al may come over after hours to do this research with you. End of discussion." She breathes as Roy and I both nod, our eyes still cold of the fire that had been ignited in us. "Now I believe the Elric Brothers have something they would like to discuss."

Ed clears his throat, Al starinf at Roy again with unknown emotions. "Emma. Why are there burns all over you?" I flinch recognizing my stupidy of last night.

I look to Roy for help, wishing i was more confident in these situations. Of admitting my mistakes. "While in combat, Fullwater and I had a small miscommunication. I hit her on accident, friendly fire while in the line of duty." He says, and I grab Ed's arm as he attempts to go after my superior. "And some of the major ones, I cauterized the wounds before your sister could bleed out."

Ed freezes, taking in my stone set face as i replay the events from last night, my tired mind making Roy much more glamorous than he had been. I glance to Roy, as he kicks my brothers out so we can get on with the day of filing and paperwork. I drink another cup of coffee, worry for the boys dearest to my heart filling my entire being, as my heart closes the door on them.