25

+

+

five days later and harper was bored out of her mind. so bored she had rearranged her room three times, and had discovered a bunch of things she had thought she lost.

it was a tuesday, also known as the last day of her suspension. harper was laying on her bed, facing upwards, looking at the ceiling. everyday after school stiles had come back to hers, complaining about how boring it was without her. scott had joined him a few times, but always left earlier than stiles, he probably felt like a third wheel.

the group hung out at the weekend, not doing anything in particular, just enjoying each others company. the week went by slow, but fast in a way, harper was just thankful her suspension was over and she could finally go back to school. even though she hated the place, it was weird not being there.

it was 2:45 and she knew that any minuet now, she would hear stiles' loud, obnoxious footsteps about to burst through her bedroom door, whilst frantically moaning about how shitty school was. harper secretly loved how needy he was, it made her feel wanted.

as if on cue, the sound of the front door opening could be heard, and stiles trotted up the stairs
"good afternoon" he said in a - not very good - british accent.

the two lost track of time whilst being in each other's company and the lit up room became dark.

harper's tv was on lightly in the background, whilst her head laid on stiles' chest, barley keeping her eyes open
"hey stiles..?" he hummed in response
"have you spoken to derek lately... we used to keep in touch but it's like he disappeared or something?"
"you know thinking about it... i haven't seen him in a few weeks. i'm sure it's nothing though, he tends to disappear a lot" stiles chuckled lightly
"yeah maybe... could we uh- check on him or something? maybe like go to his loft..?"

"what right now?" stiles chuckled and sat up, thinking she was joking, but his amused look disappeared, seeing the hopeful look in her eyes
"you want to go right now?"
"well yeah... only because i'll worry about it too much and not sleep if i don't go"
stiles hesitated for a second, but sighed
"fine, grab your jacket" her pleading dark eyes made him give into her, she had that type of power over him.

now, the teens were in stiles' jeep and the jacket stiles had told her to grab, ended up being stiles' lacrosse hoodie. harper rested her head on the window, her eyelids getting heavier by the second
"don't fall asleep on me jones, you were the one who wanted to go see the brooding old hale"
she rolled her eyes playfully in response
"it's not like i'm popping into his apartment for a cup of tea, i think somethings happened to him and i wanna make sure he's safe" she took a long blink, tempted to just keep her eyes shut.

"derek can look after himself, i promise you that" stiles glanced at her for a second, fascinated by how much she cared about people around her
"i know... just want to make sure"

a few minutes in silence passed and the jeep stopped out side of dereks apartment. but as soon as she got there, harper knew something was off. it's like in a horror movie when the stupid, clueless teen goes into a clearly haunted house and immediately gets murdered, whilst you sit infront of the tv cursing them out for being so stupid and ignoring the obvious signs.

everything screamed for harper not to get out of the jeep, but she fought the instinct and shut the door behind her. stiles had clearly noticed her uneasy state, and held her hand
"what's got you so worried harp?"
"it's nothing..." she mumbled, convinced it was probably just herself overthinking and derek would probably be fast asleep in his loft.

they approached the doors, which were more two slide-able slabs of concrete and stiles knocked a few times. no answer.
"i'm sure he's just sleeping..."

harper knocked this time, but yet again there was no answer 
"maybe we should just go in?"

to his surprise, stiles noticed the door wasn't locked. it looked like the locks had been broken, and the uneasy feeling returned to harper.

stiles stepped in first, harper trailing close behind him.

the loft was eerie and ominous- more than usual. it was quieter than silence, if that even existed.

stiles let go of harper's hand, and slowly looked around. he stopped and looked down, something had caught his eye. he bent down to examine it, yet harper stayed standing up, not even wanting to know what he was fussing with.

the light of the moon caught the object, and a gold flash reflected across the room.
"what the hell even is that?" harper asked, stepping cautiously closer
"it can't be" stiles mumbled to himself
"don't go all mysterious on me stilinski! tell me why you have a-" she stepped closer to him, quirking her eyebrows at what was in his hand "- a fricken bullet in your hand?"

"it's uh- no but- that's not possible... but it-" stiles mumbled random sentences to himself and there was a twinkle in his eyes where he was trying to figure out everything
"stiles! what is it?" her voice drew him out of his fazed-out state and he looked up to her

"kate. kate argent. kate has derek"

pls not me disappearing for weeks and then coming back with a short shitty chapter 😭😭 aNYWAYS i'm changing the storyline a bit so it works with what i want to do, so just go along with it ty <3