23

+

+

hours later, they were still together. stiles bought harper back to his house, the sheriff was out so the house was quiet.

harper cried a lot, and when she eventually stopped, stiles leant her a hoodie, since she was only in shorts and a shirt when he picked her up. he showed her the place he went when he was upset.

his window lead out to his roof, it was a flat one which you could sit on top of, and it gave you a perfect view of the sunset.

harper was sat in between his legs, with her head rested on his chest. the sleeves of his hoodie were pulled over her arms, and stiles kept his arms rapped around her. worried that if he let go, she would completely fall apart.

"this is beautiful stiles'" he hummed and put his chin on top of her head
"it's relaxing, isn't it?"

harper nodded and picked at the ends of the hoodie
"i uh... i think i'm ready to talk. you know? about my meltdown?" she laughed at bit.

"okay, that's good. i'm here to listen" harper smiled and sat up, crossing her legs and turning so that she was facing him.

"so i.. told you about the last time right?" stiles nodded.
"alright so... when i got called to the principals office, my mom, the guy and his mom were there. long story short i told the principal what he did to me, and he said he didn't believe me and from his point of view i 'blatantly attacked a student' and he said all i had to do was apologise, and as long as the mom didn't press charges, it would go back to normal..."

"let me guess, you didn't apologise?" harper shook her head
"you shouldn't have, you had every right to beat the crap out of that dude with no remorse."

harper cracked a smile, then went back to what she was saying
"my mom got mad at me, she didn't speak to me when we drove home, she didn't speak to me. then she told me to go to my room and we got into this massive argument about everything-" harper continued to explain everything in detail to stiles, as he listened and nodded along.
"then i uh... i told her i wished she had died instead of kat... and i fucking regret it stiles. i don't mean it, i love my mom so much even if the stuff she says is stupid and wrong. i've already lost kat and my dad... i cant loose her too"

"hey, don't say that," stiles say forwards and grabbed her hand
"she's your mom, she's known you for what like 17 years? harper your mom knows you didn't mean it because she knows you better than anyone. you just need to speak to her, i'm sure she'll understand. you won't lose her, i promise" his thumb grazed over the back of her hand and he gave her a sweet smile.

"god i'll never understand why you chose to date me. you're so fucking sweet, i don't deserve you" harper playfully rolled her eyes

"no, you don't deserve me. you deserve more. harper -i don't actually know your middle name- jones, you deserve the world. but the world doesn't deserve you"