𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖲𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Chapter Forty Seven,
Oceanside

Chapter Forty Seven,Oceanside

REUNITING WITH EVERYONE brought a sense of relief to Chloe. They were gathered at Oceanside, a place Tara had found during her journey with Heath, who hadn't returned yet. Rick and the group had struck a deal with the Oceanside faction, promising to help them in return for weapons.

As they walked toward the location where they planned to set explosives, Rick turned to Chloe, "Are you okay?"

Chloe nodded, "Yeah, I'm great."

"Alright, everybody knows their job," Rick started. "We don't aim to kill; we try to recruit them. If that's not possible, we'll confiscate their weapons."

"Alright," Chloe acknowledged.

Rick then turned to Tara. "Tara, be careful," he said before he addressed Michonne and Chloe. "Okay, Michonne and Chloe, you're going up the trees. Don't shoot to kill," he instructed.

Adam expressed concern, gesturing toward Chloe's leg, "You sure you can climb up?"

"Yeah, it's healed, I'm fine," Chloe assured him.

"I can handle the climbing for you if you want," John chimed in.

"No, thank you," Chloe shook her head. "I'll be alright."

"Your call," John nodded, moving to help her climb up the tree.

With Adam and John's assistance, Chloe made her way up the tree, while Rick helped Michonne. Once they were in position, Rick reminded them, "Once you're up there, watch for the signal."

"What time does the countdown start?" Michonne asked him.

"As soon as she's inside."

"You got it?" Adam asked his sister the moment he and John released her.

"Yeah, I've got it," she assured right before she almost slipped causing the two to rush forward, ready to catch her. "I got it, I got it." Chloe breathed a sigh of relief as she steadied herself on a sturdy branch.

Merle chimed in. "Princess still got it in her, huh?"

Approaching the tree Chloe was perched in, Rick asked, "You doing alright up there?"

"Yeah," Chloe nodded.

"I'm glad you're back with us," Rick expressed.

"Mutual," Chloe smiled down at him as she turned to reach for the rifle that Adam was holding up for her.

"Here, you know how to use it?" Adam asked.

Chloe confirmed, "Yeah."

"Alright, get ready."

The timer went off just as they heard the deafening explosions. Chloe peered through her scope, aiming for the fleeing individuals but only shooting at their feet. No one was to be killed, and Chloe was determined not to cross that line.