𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖭𝗂𝗇𝖾

Chapter Twenty Nine,

Connection

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start."

"You can breathe."

"You can blink."

"You can cry."

"Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

The thud reverberated through the night, accompanied by anguished cries as Abraham's body was brutally struck against the ground. Chloe sat frozen, mouth agape in a muted scream she couldn't release, her eyes locked onto Abraham as he rose as if unaffected. It was as though the vicious blow from a barbed-wire bat to his head had not occurred, his forehead now bleeding. Abraham had always embodied resilience, a pillar of strength, yet they had been mere seconds from losing him.

"Oh! Look at that! Taking it like a champ!"

"Suck... my... nuts." Those were the last words of him before Negan swung his bat against his head again.

" Those were the last words of him before Negan swung his bat against his head again

"Did you hear that? He said, 'Suck my nuts.' Phew," he shouted before throwing another blow and another and another.

With each sickening thud, Chloe's entire body convulsed. Her heart raced, her brain seemed to short-circuit, and her lungs struggled for air. She fought to steady her breath, to pacify her pounding heart and racing thoughts, attempting to bring everything to a pace her body and mind could endure. But it felt like an insurmountable task.

It was as if the blows were jolting her very essence, shaking her sense of self. Seconds felt like eternities. She desperately longed for this torment to end, to release her from this unending horror.

"Oh, my goodness! Look at this!" The man swung the bat through the air, blood splattering across Chloe's face.

"You guys, look at my dirty girl!"

"Sweetheart... Lay your eyes on this," he taunted, shoving the bloodied bat near Rosita's face, forcing her to witness the brutality. "Oh, damn. Were you -- Were you together? That sucks. But if you were, you should know there was a reason for all this. Red -- and hell, he was, is, and will ever be red. He just took one or six or seven for the team! So take...a damn look."