𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

Chapter Thirty-Eight,
Rules

Chapter Thirty-Eight,Rules

THE DOOR was pulled open as usual without prior warning, and Dwight entered the room. It was early morning, about seven or so. Thanks to Negan, Chloe had lost track of time without a clock.

"Put these on," Dwight said as he tossed at her some clothes. "Negan wants you in his room in ten."

"Morning to you too, Dwight," she said, standing from the bed lazily.

"Morning, darling. Now get your ass moving. I'll be waiting outside for you to get finished."

She put on the new clean clothes before opening the door. "Done?" he asked her.

"Yeah."

"I'm surprised to find a girl who doesn't take forever to get dressed."

"Negan isn't exactly someone I'm interested in impressing," she said, following him through the hallway.

"You should work on that more, you know, impressing him."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you even have a single idea why he wants you that early?"

"Yes, I do," Chloe said. "He thinks I made my decision."

"And did you?"

"Yes, same decision as yesterday and the day before."

"And that is?"

"None."

"Look, you have to pick, okay?" Dwight said as they walked down the hall. "Now I know you don't want to be one of his wives, but you can work for us. You can work with me and Logan," he told her.

"Aren't you supposed to be convincing me to marry him instead?"

"Hey," he said as he suddenly stopped walking. "I'm your friend here."

"Yeah, pretty much the friend that I need. Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?"

"Why do you act like a dick to everyone else?"

"I have to."

"And let me guess, you're not allowed to act like that towards me?"

"I'm trying to help you."

"Oh, yeah sure. Let me remind you that you were the one who shot Denise. Remember her? And let's not forget your constant bad treatment for Daryl. I'm not that stupid to tell me you wanna help. So, what the hell are you doing?"

"I've met your twin before that night," Dwight started. "Alli was her name, right?"

"Yeah," she barely said. Her name awakened buried emotions, emotions she still couldn't deal with.