25

Also how about a book on Rodger?

It's already out. Add it to your libraries lol

━━━━━━━━━♚━━━━━━━━━

Katrina Diaz

The sound of approaching angry footsteps echoed in the room. Twisting my neck, I looked at my mother marching towards us in a green dress and a folder full of paperwork in her arms. Kendra, dressed in a burgundy crop top and a pair of shorts, was right on my mother's heels. A cigarette was perched between Kendra's lips and a bag clasped in her hands. Discomfort seeped into my veins when I scanned her finger to find the engagement ring from Hayden.

Kendra ambled near my sofa and slumped on the other end of the sofa, pulling the cigarette out of her lips and blowing the noxious smoke out. My mother occupied a wing-backed chair, her legs crossed, and dropped the file on the table.

Her eyes flew to mine. "What is happening here? A parliament discussion against me, Kate?"

"Yeah, sorry about that." I rolled my eyes, wishing she would realise the sun didn't revolve around her and her elder daughter.

"Watch your tone, stupid lass." Her eyes flashed instantly.

Annoyance scraped the back of my neck. Before I could retort with some sharp retort, my father fixed her with a glare. "You're not here to parent Kate. Let's concentrate on the matter at hand."

"Yes, we will," she sneered, her nose crinkling. Her eyes drifted to Mrs Lee's figure, and she demanded, "Go and get me tea."

"Excuse me?" Mrs Lee blinked her eyes.

"You heard me, peasant."

A muscle jumped in Mrs Lee's cheek as she said, "Apologies. I keep forgetting your hands are crippled. Too crippled to even wash your tongue with a good soap. I'll have my butler get you one."

My mum narrowed her eyes. Biting on my lower lip, I averted my eyes to swallow the laugh bubbling in my throat. It was so pleasant to see people keep Matilda Diaz in her place.

"But I want to drink the tea made by you. I want to see what kind of black magic potent you're putting in his drink," demanded mum. "What are you waiting for? A 10-pound tip?"

"Stay in your place, Matilda," rebuked my dad. Kendra dragged a puff from the cigarette and released the rings of smoke into the air nonchalantly.

"I'm in my place. In the place bought by my legally wedded husband." Mum's nostrils flared. "But this bitch. She stole my man and has now made one of my daughters against me. Bloody plug-ugly whore!"

My dad bellowed, "Mind your tongue."

A deep red hue suffused Mrs Lee's face as she launched to her feet. Waving a hand in my mother's face, she warned, "Another abusive word and I'll press charges for the name calling, Mrs Diaz."