08

I missed you all

I missed you all. Thanks for being patient... X

━━━━━━━━━♛━━━━━━━━━

Katrina Diaz

If Hayden thought stopping me from getting an internship will take the art out of my blood, then he couldn't be more wrong. Like a bee allured by the scent of honey, I had found myself in a museum, eager to take a look, admire or gaze at the artworks. The entrance to the hall was itself so artistically designed and the building was surrounded by beautiful rose gardens and fountains. Each person was there for their own individual purposes, but I found myself gravitating into a familiar world of painting that told mental health stories. In a room full of art, they were always the loudest. And for someone with a keen eye, they told the viewer more about their backstory than about the artist's finesse.

It was when I was admiring an art that conveyed anxiety, depressive thoughts, a tornado of darkness and numbness, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"How are you, Miss Diaz?"

A smile split my face when I recognised the voice. The chances of a passed out student smiling at their head misters were less. And the chances of the headmistress greeting their pupil were even less. Fortunately for me, Mrs Lee and I had a very easy relationship.

In fact, we have the best student-teacher relationship. Gladys Lee, my headmistress from school, was the most supportive teacher I had ever met. She stood behind me with an amiable smile on her face. She was a little woman. She was dressed in a black dress and red pumps. A pearl necklace adorned her neck, a pair of spectacles sat on her nose, a bag clasped in her right hand. Her skin was very pale, and her short black hair was styled in curls.

After greetings, Mrs Lee asked, "So, have you taken up any internship?"

This was the woman who had pulled a few ties and had made me get another copy of my letter of acceptance when my mum had deleted the emails and burned my letters, which had come in the mail the first time. And I didn't have the heart to tell her what a failure I had made of myself with all the family drama.

"I didn't get it. The Evans Animations are very picky and well, there are better students than me," I lied, mustering up a sad smile.

A frown settled on Mrs Lee's face. "Don't be disheartened." Pulling a card out of her purse, she handed it to me. "This is my acquaintance's contact. Contact him and he'll guide you through the internship at Quixotic Animation Studios."

Quixotic Animation Studios was a British animation studio that created animated features and short films. It wasn't the top tier Animation Studios like Evans Animation. But it was better to do something than sit idle.

"Thank you, Mrs Lee. I'll contact them..." I flashed a grateful smile.

______________