Chapter six

"We're here!" The anonymous van driver announced.

Sophie looked out the van window in confusion. "Where is it?" She asked, looking at the huge field of grass with only three trees in it.

Tam snorted.
"Did you think a headquarters for a top secret organization would be sitting like a crystal castle saying, 'Neverseen come attack us'?"

Sophie glared at him.

They climbed out of the van and Biana led Sophie and Tam to the three trees.

She pulled down a branch on second the and, instead of snapping, it pulled down like a lever and a secret door in the tree swung open.

It looked completely dark inside.

Tam bolted inside and disappeared into the darkness.

"Why did he rush in like that?" Sophie asked Biana.

"Some impossible science stuff that prevents someone from just walking inside," she informed Sophie. "Your turn."

Sophie shrugged and sprinted through the secret doorway. She got a few feet inside before she felt like she was walking through sand.
She could breath and it didn't slow her down so she continued to run.

After a few moments Sophie finally stumbled to the other side. She was on a balcony in a very modern building, looking down at 20 other floors. Across from the balcony was a wall that seemed to be made completely of glass boxes stacked on top of one another. Offices and meetings rooms occupied those glass boxes. Tam was standing in front of her at the glass railing.

"What just happened?" Sophie asked him.

"Well, we're underground now," Tam said, unhelpfully.

"That doesn't make sense. I didn't feel myself go down."

"Like I said," Biana said behind them, making Sophie jump in surprise, "impossible science stuff."

"Well let's go or we'll be late," Tam said.

He pressed a button on the wall and a circle on the wall disappeared to reveal a tube made of black glass.

"You use a slide to get places here?" Sophie asked.

They both nodded.

"Do you guys ever do anything normal?"

"Nope!" Biana declared. "Floor number 5."

She flung herself into the slide. Tam went next, giving Sophie no choice but to follow.

The ride lasted one minute before Sophie tripped out into somebodys arms.
She looked up into a pair of teal eyes and immediately turned red.
Fitz!
She climbed out of his arms and mumbled a 'sorry'.

Sophie looked around the huge glass box and saw Keefe, Fitz, Biana, Linh, Tam, Marella, Dex, and Mr. Forkle, all looking like they're stifling laughs.

She pointed an accusing finger at them.
"I didn't used to be this clumsy until you came along."

"What did we do!?" Dex asked.