Chapter Thirty-Eight: Shoot your Shot

- Don't walk out on me too

"Do you even know how to use that thing?" Tom asks me dryly, letting me take the lead this time

"I have an idea." I muse, clicking the safety off and docking the bullet in place. "I've watched enough muggle films to have a brief understanding."

"Brief understanding?" He scoffs. "You look ready to shoot someone down this second."

"To protect you?" I tease. "Absolutely. I'll be the prince and you can be the damsel in distress."

"Suits me. I do less work." He shrugs and I laugh.

"This is so heavy." I hiss at him, as we strolled through the halls, shields up. "My god those muggles must be ripped. This weighs like three tons." I grumble, trying to haul the thing back up.

"I thought you were playing the prince here." He raises a brow at me.

I scowl at him as we finally get to the Great Hall. It was locked and had intensely placed protective inchantments on the room.

"Lovely." I demand. "Are we stuck here? I'm tired. I want to sleeeppppp." I cry out in whisper.

I sit on the floor and place the gun to the side.

"You're tired." Tom muses and sits beside me after examining the door.

I nod and end up yawning. "I had around seventeen duels today and we fought off those muggles. I also had Hellbearer training with Abaddon and Samir." I sigh, covering my head with my hands. "Plus that spell basically stole the last bit of energy I had."

He looks at me and places a hand on the side of my head guiding it to rest on his shoulder.

I try to hide my grin but he sees it and scowls at me. He tries getting up instantly but I grab his arm, laughing. "Come back. Don't go." I giggle, shoving him back beside me.

I rest my head on his shoulder and he rolls his eyes.

"Will you sleep?" He asks, seeming curious since I'd closed my eyes.