Chapter Seventy: Lost and Found

"If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way

"If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way."

– Napoleon Hill

I stare at Ariana, jaw agape

"You- You know who I am?!" I say out loud, internally freaking out. My hands grab her shoulders frantically, thinking it was some sort of fluke. It wasn't because she grins up at me, tiny body flinging at me, arms wounding around my neck in a desperate hug.

"I missed you! You were gone for for long! You and dad both!!!" She wails, tears running down her face as she clutches me tightly to herself, body shaking with sobs.

I see Aberforth looming forward, expression worried.

"Ana." My voice was frantic, my gaze going between Aberforth and Ariana, "No one remembers who I am okay? You need to pretend you don't either." I say, voice quivering in disbelief. I was trying to be soft, but my brain had suddenly ceased its function.

"What? Why!?" She demands, face crinkling up in anger, eyes trained on my own.

"Ariana..." My voice was pained, and tears were running down my face fully now. "I love you." I whisper, and her bottom lip begins to tremble, realizing what I was saying.

"NOOOO! Don't leave me!!!!! Everyone always leaves! No one ever stays!! I WANT YOU TO STAY!" She screams, and she was crying like she was already grieving. She latches herself on me, legs and arms winding around my form so tightly I was certain she was restricting blood flow.

"Ana!!!" Aberforth scolds, rushing over. His pink apron was whipping around, and he heaves in a breath from running over to us so quickly, "You're being rude child!" He snaps, and his eyes meet mine, "I am so sorry for this. She gets attached easily."

His hands go around the child, trying to yank her away.

She lets out a shriek so loud, everyone in the room finches.

"Ana!!" He tries pulling, and I instantly latch my arms around her, pulling her away from him with a look of pure rage.

"Its fine. Let's wait for her to calm down a tad." I manage to say and plop down on the couch Ariana had almost died on.