Chapter Thirty-Five: May I Shut you up Forever?

- Only the dead have seen the end of war

"You IDIOT!!" Ariel screams. "YOU WON!!" She wails.

"Winning isn't everything love." I smile at her. "Once you start winning a couple times, the meaning starts to dwindle and shite gets boring. I gained a comrade. I think that's better than any metal I could have gotten." I hold up the metal I'd gotten anyway. "And I still got a medal and Hogwarts still won."

"Because of you and Tom!!!" She demands, jumping on my back.

I adjust her slightly and my heart clenches tightly thinking of my daughter. I hadn't seen her in couple of days. I had to go check up on my little ladybug.

"Yeah mermaid. The fifth years won't ever lose." I laugh. "Hogwarts can count on that win at least."

She pouts and I adjust her slightly so she can wouldn't topple over and hit her head.

The match had ended for the day and I was yawning, exhausted.

I stop when I get the feeling that someone was watching me.

The students were all crowding around the gateways leading away from the yard.

Hannah, Daniel and Hawraa were all chatting and Hannah looks up and meets my gaze.

She waves up at me happily.

"Val!!!" She cheers and steps forward to run towards me.

A loud explosion-like sound blasts through the air.

I lived in the muggle world long enough to know a gunshot when I heard one.

It struck Hannah straight in the chest.

And she fell.

I screamed.

Along with everyone else in the school.

I didn't have time to run towards the Hufflepuff girl who was sprawled on the floor dangerously still, because the shooter was aiming at me.

And Ariel was still on my back.