Chapter Seventy-One: A Promise

All that is good does not glitter,Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
- J.R.R Tolkien

-I recommend listening to Ghost by Justin Bieber on repeat when reading

I was endulging myself at the moment. Piles of food lay in front of me and I munched on my greasy, heart attack causing meal happily.

I was aware of the eyes staring at me weirdly, but I think the excessive exercise I'd been doing lately warranted this meal - what with taking over the world and such you know?

There was nothing better than junk food, Nothing at all.

Someone plops down beside me and I stiffen, turning my head to see Lyall Lupin staring up at me like I was the moon.

"Hello." I greet the boy who flushes and sends a wide grin my way.

"Hi!" He waves and props his head up on the palm of his hand. "I'm Lyall Lupin. What's your name?"

I blink at him, a small smile appearing on the ends of my lips. My eyes meet his and I shoot him a wide grin.

"Hey kiddo. I'm Valentine," I say, still confounded on what my last name was. I was definitely not a Dumbledore. I refused to be an Evans after what my family put me through. And I was no longer a Riddle.

My eyes flicker to the red band on my finger, pursing my lips slightly and plopping my head into the palm of my head with a sigh.

Guess I belonged nowhere.

Just Valentine was fine.

"Do you not have any friends?" He asks, and swipes one of the fried chicken legs to munch on, his eyes trained on my form in curiosity.