3

"Hey, Maia!" Monty yelled from outside my tent.

"MAIA!" Jasper screamed. I jumped and whirled around. He peeked his head in and grinned.

"What the hell, Jasper?"

"We have a job for you," he told me.

I made a face. "Don't worry, you'll like this one," Monty assured me.

"Probably," Jasper added.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Come with us. Don't say anything about it." They escorted me out of my tent and to their tent across camp.

"Ok?" I asked.

"So, you know that today is Unity Day..." I nodded. Monty produced a huge jug. "We want you to be the first to test our moonshine."

"This is our first batch on Earth," Jasper mumbled.

"Hit me." Monty grinned before pouring some into his water bottle. He presented it to me dramatically. I took a small sip and scrunched my nose up. "Well...it isn't terrible."

"It's better if you drink it fast," Monty admitted. I tipped the bottle up and chugged what was left.

I shrugged. "You're right."

"More?"

"Hell yes."

★ ★ ★ ★

I popped my head into Raven's tent. "How's it going?" I asked. She turned around and motioned for me to come in. She had a table full of bullets in front of her.

She shrugged. "It's going alright."

"Did Bellamy ask you to help?"

"No, I volunteered. I figured I needed something to keep myself busy. How long are you going to let him think you hate him?"

"Who I said I didn't still hate him?"

"Your face right now."

I shrugged. "How much time is adequate for this kind of thing? A week or two?"

"You won't make it. I'd bet on that."

"I'd take that bet, but I know myself too well."

She sighed. "Is it because we haven't shaken the feeling that we're going to die?"

"Huh?"

"Come on, you've seen it. It's open season on relationships."

"I'm not sure I would consider a lot of what's been going on relationships."

She shrugged. "You know what I mean."

"I missed quite a bit while I was off doing my own thing. Finn's your boyfriend, right?"

"I suppose so."

"You suppose? That doesn't sound very confident."

"He was before he came here, at least."

"But then Clarke happened?" I guessed. "I saw them together once, outside of camp."

She nodded. "I get it, he didn't know I was coming. But he didn't even tell her about me."

"Well that was...uncool."

"To put it lightly." She looked back at her table. "I should get back to checking these."

"Need any help?"

"Nah, have fun at the celebration."

★ ★ ★ ★