Chapter 10:

***not proofread***

A year later ***

Emily's POV
---

"And 1, and 2, and 3 and 4 and." I counted to myself, spinning while doing so. "Ugh fuck" I said as I stumbled not able to get the move down and pat. I've been busting my ass trying to be the best I can be so maybe just maybe I will be accepted to one of the best Dance/ Musical Arts school in the country, Julliard.

It's my senior year and this was all or nothing. My parents weren't too fond of me going to a performance college instead of a traditional one because my career wouldn't be stable. I've been dancing almost my whole life and had given up too much to just throw it away.

I've been at my childhood dance studio that my friend's mom owns, day and night practicing for my dance audition. I have been trying to master all the moves I've put into my routine. Whether or not I could pull them off was the difference, but it didn't matter, I needed to have them down and pat in time for auditions in a month, so I can wow them and get into the school.

"Goddammit!" I said slapping the mirror wall. It's so frustrating not being able to do these moves. The auditions were inching closer and closer yet it was as if I've gone back to the past where I couldn't even do leaps. At this rate, I wouldn't be ready for the auditions any time soon.

There was a small knock on the door. Not caring to even look up I motioned the person in with my had while my head stayed resting on my folded arms on top of my legs that were held loosing against my rib cage.

"Is this a bad time?" My friend Nick asked me. I met him here at the dance studio when he transferred here last year. He was an amazing dancer, good enough for all of us at the dance studio to stop in awe every time he danced.

"No no, come in." I said trying to look like I wasn't in complete distress in front of him.

"Hey whatcha up to?" He said taking a kneel beside me leaning his back against the mirror.

"Ugh just trying to work out my routine for my Juilliard audition in a month." I said rubbing my face up and down with my hands. This is so stressful, why can't college be simple.

"Haha yeah same I have some moves to work on too, hence why I'm here" he says signaling to his dance bag. Please, he's the top in all the dance classes and he needs "work" Psshh.

"You have more talent in your thumb than I do in my whole body" I stated something that everyone in the dance studio knew.

"Oh please you dance way better than anyone I've seen before" he said complimenting me. "Surely you'll make it, because if you don't I better not even try" he said nudging my shoulder with his.

"Yeah, yeah Mr. I-don't-have-to-try-to-look-good-while-dancing" I said meaning it. Dancing just comes naturally to him whereas I had to work at it to advance.

"Okay, okay, now can I see your routine that you are dreading about? Maybe I can help?" He said standing up and offering a hand down to me.

I simply nodded and took his hand, pulling myself up. I hesitantly made my way to the middle of the room while he floated over to the corner ready to watch. I was scared to show him. Just imagine, if I'm scared to show one of my peers that I've know. For about a year now, how will it be like in front of complete strangers that won't hold back on their opinions. But I knew Nick would be honest with me and try his best to help me.

I started my routine trying to focus on all the steps and transitions. Sure I messed up a bit, but that was expected because these moves were pretty hard and for the upper level anyway, only the best for the auditions is what I wanted to show the judges. I ended my routine dramatically by laying down on the floor in a I'm-broken-inside pose to add emotion to the whole dance.

I stayed silent awkwardly waiting for Nick's feedback. I knew that if I impressed him, I would most likely be doing something right. He stood there standing and pondering over his own thoughts, arms crossed over his chest and one hand fiddling with his bottom lip trying to put words together. I hoped he was silent in amazement rather than silent in pity over my dance.

Finally moving from his place he walked over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"That was amazing Em! fuck it, I drop out now!" He said dramatically while shaking me in place and talking with his hands for more emphasis. That was honestly a way better reaction than I thought I would get.

"Obviously you still need some more practice on some of the moves but choreography wise, amazing. Pull that much emotion during your audition and you'll be sure to land that spot." He said encouragingly while letting go of me and booping my nose.

"Awe thanks Nick" I said astonished by his feedback. "Now can I see your routine?" I asked wanting to see what he had put together.

"Yeah sure, just be aware I don't have everything put together yet" he said taking my spot in the middle of the mirrored room while I wandered of to the side.

-----

Put together my ass. He made everything so easy looking and effortless. It almost seemed as if he was just pulling this choreography out from his ass and winging it, but he still pulled it off wondering.

I stood still in the corner mute. I finally moved and clapped my hands at what I had just witnessed, pure talent. Yeah, I'm up for a fight for this audition.

"Was it good?" He said nervously as if what he just did was horrific.

"Definitely!" I said clapping at a more rapid speed.

----

I arrived at my house completely exhausted. I waddled my way into the kitchen pulling out some leftovers that have accumulated in our fridge over the week. This was how my nights usually ended up for the past two weeks, me coming home pooped out, eat, take a shower, and hit the pillow just as I walk into my room. It was honestly so exhausting. Hopefully it will all pay off in the end.

I went to bed dreaming of what can be my future as a dancer at Juilliard.

------

A/N: this is an absolutely boring filler and I'm sorry.

OH MY God WE HIT 1 K READS

"I AM EXPLODING OUT OF MY PANTS RIGHT NOW" -quote from SNL during the One Direction skit

THANKYOY THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU \(^-^\)

I love you guys ever so dearly

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

ETC.

R. Fanfictions