Chapter 7:

I don't get how he can be so gorgeous without even trying. Like please STAHP.
-----------
Jack's POV
Not even surprisingly, jack sent me off once again to get more snacks. I swear, he's like a bottomless pit. So after the first movie ended I went to the stand again and stocked up for the next movie, Maleficent.

While I stood in line to pay for the food I noticed a glow in the corner of the slightly dim concession stand. I looked over to see a girl around my age that was on her phone with a slight scowl on her face. She looked quite familiar and I knew for a fact I've seem her before, no doubt about it.

After a few minutes of pondering on whether or not it was the person I was thinking of, I stirred up the courage to go and talk to her and find out where I've seen her or else it was going to bother me all night.

As I drew closer to the source of light captured her features and it all came clearer to me now, that was Emily! Oh my goodness how is it even possible she's here. What a change in luck.

I stammered her name still not believing the sight in front of me. She was so focused on her phone that she didn't realize my presence approaching her.

"Hey.. uh Emily?" I said trying to gain her attention.

She finally looked up at me peering through her lashes confusion and awe taking her features. Her jaw slowly started to lower and her mouth tried to form words. She finally mustered enough confidence I would describe it as, and formed a proper (as proper as a teenager could get) and uttered a small: "yup, it's me" with a tiny smile on her face.

Both of us still, still in the moment and looking at each other at awe at the miracle. All of the questions. Surely I though about what if I ever met Emily but I had thought it would come at a later time like a few months from now or something.

I was looking for the right words to say, but hey, it's Emily. The same girl that was easy to talk to on the FaceTime call a month ago.

Leaning up against the wall mocking what cool kids do, with a flick of my hair I put on my sexiest face I can pull (A/N honestly he doesn't even need to do anything to be sexy) and whisper a husky, "what brings you here"

Just kidding, that's quite the exact opposite of what played out in front of me. Emily dawned a thought that she was hallucinating and started poking me on the cheek.

Nervously I asked, "Haha what are you doing" all of a sudden she slowly pulled away and stared at her finger intently.

"Seeing if you are actually here and I'm not imagining this whole thing" she said finally after she was done examining her finger. Haha she's hilarious.

"What are you doing here?" I said. Wow good way to greet her. Dork.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing. I live here. I mean I don't live here at the theater. I live in Florida. In a regular house." she said trying to clarify things but only making me laugh at her way if words. She let out a nervous laugh and was picking at her popcorn.

"I've been waiting here for 15 minutes for my Oreos" she said giving a quick glare to the girl behind the counter that looked like she did her makeup in the dark.

"I got Oreos before and it only took like 5 minutes?" I said. "Are you sure she heard you?" I inquired.

"Yeah she charged me for it" she said looking a bit bummed.

Right then I went over to the lady in charge of the fryer.

"Excuse me, my friend here ordered fried Oreos 15 minutes ago and still hasn't gotten them. When will they be ready?" I said trying to speed up the process.

"Oh I was never told about an order of Oreos but I will get right on it" she said with a sincere smile.

I said a small "thanks" and took my place back by a thankful Emily.

"Thanks Jack. But you don't have to wait with me" she said trying to shoo me away.

"No it's fine, we have some catching up to do." I said with a smile plastered on my face. She happily returned the smile and nodded her head.

"Did you see the girl behind the register? The one with a pound of makeup on?" She said with a smirk.

"Haha sadly yes" I said shaking my head at her sentence with a smile on my face.

"She's totally checking you out right now." She said with a knowing look and nodding her head towards the girl.

She was right. When I turned around I saw her pretty blue eyes that were masked by a wall of eye makeup. Her stare was so intense that I had to look away.

"She's giving me the shivers, and not the good kind"

"Thanks to her I got to see you again."

We exchanged laughter and engaged in small talk about what we've been doing the past month. Even though we talked about random things, the conversation was captivating and I could not look away.

-------------

Emily

"Thank you" I said trying to put up a smile but just making it an awkward grimace.

"Hey where are you parked?"

I pointed over to the small grey Prius a little farther down the hill. "Yeah I'm with my friends Shay and Lilly" I said shifting my weight onto my right leg.

"Oh me and Jack are up the hill because we're using a truck from the rental company" Jack said pointing up to jack who wasn't paying any attention to us and stuffing some kind of food into his mouth.

"Oh that's cool" I said about to make my way back to my car.

"Wait," he said grabbing my wrist, not forcibly but enough to hold me back. "Um, do you want to come to, um, come up to the truck for awhile?" He said nervously while scratching the back of his neck a little.

"I would love to" I said with a wide smile.

---------

A/N

I decided to update again for a Christmas present or just a holiday present hehe \(^-^)/ I love you all and I'm thankful to have you guys

Vote

Comment

Share

Read

Etc.

R. Fanfictions