Ch 12

This should be the only time I do an alternate point of view and you’ll be seeing it through Chloe’s eye. I wanted to let you know first and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

------------

We were hanging out outside twiddling our thumbs. All of us were fighting the urge to run inside and see what was happening. I slid down so I was sitting against the wall, dosing off a bit. Nino was leaning on the wall flipping through his math book as Adrien paced nervously.

After what felt like hours, Adrien looked sharply to the entrance. Me and Nino glanced at him curious to what got him into a worse state of panic.

“It’s almost complete.” he shivered. “I can feel the pull.” He backed away. We keep our word to Marinette and Avoided going into the room until a giant burst of light exploded from where they were blinding us.

We sheltered our eyes the best we could but we still had to blink to adjust afterwards. I took that as our cue that she was done and I led us in.

The first thing we saw was Alya starting to stand and make it out of the circle before collapsing as Marinette made the resurrection drawing disappear.

Nino and Adrien bolted to Alya as I ran to Marinette.  Her eyes focused on me before closing. I examined her bare arms and almost screamed in fear at what I saw. Her arms were covered in black veins. I immediately removed my coat and slipped it on her. The others should know but it’s hersecret to tell.

Nino approached me. “Hey, I’ll carry her, Alya is conscious and will just need you to support her.” I nodded and lefted to Alya’s side as Nino scooped Marinette up in his arms. I guided Alya’s arm around my neck and helped her up.

Nino came over and Adrien asked. “Where are we going to go?” We looked around, waiting for someone else to answer.

“We could go to my palace, I live in a hotel, it should be easy enough to get you all in without my parents thinking much of it all.” I suggested adjusting my support of Alya. they all seemed to agree and we started on our way.

We trudged along the sidewalk, unsure of what to say to lessen the awkward air.

“So,” I broke the silence, my words echoing into the night. “How are you feeling Alya?” she glanced at me and made a sound that was hard to make out.

“Parden?” I asked.

“Head.” She groaned, more audible this time. She seemed to recall a painful memory as she gripped her head. When her hand moved I saw a scar I never noticed in the short time I’ve known her on her hairline.

“May I ask how you got that scar?” I waved my finger around my forehead mirroring where hers was. She pursed her lips and shook her head, blinking back tears. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry!” I panicked trying to calm her down. I’ve never had to deal with something like this, I’ve never had to help a crying person. To be fair, I’ve never had to help anyone much though.

“Stop crying!” I slapped my hand over her mouth. Nino and Adrien were way in front of us having longer legs, they looked back confused at the bits and pieces they were hearing. Alya raised her eyebrow at me. I removed my hand and the boys looked forward.

“I didn’t mean to do that, I didn’t know what to do.” Alya gave me a weird look through her tears before bursting into giggles, tears still rolling down her cheeks but lessening. “Excuse me?” I was astounded at her, I said nothing funny, I brought up painful memories, and yet here she was laughing so hard she was gripping a stitch in her stomach.

“Sorry, it’s just, you're not good at this at all.” she wiped her tears away.

“What ever led you to draw that conclusion?”