Ch 2

I woke up to find snow covering my window, there must have been a small snow storm while I slept. I groggily sat up in bed, the blankets warm and urging me to stay, forbidding me to leave the comfort of blankets mixed with snowy days. It was Sunday and I was very tempted to just lay back down and fall asleep again. Instead, I forced myself to get up, there was a ghost down stairs currently and I kind of want to get him back into his body as soon as possible.

I reached for my glasses, I have a hard time seeing without them, but I always have them in the same place so I just need to know how far to reach from my bed. I put them on and slipped into day clothes, black pants and a plain long sleeved bluebell shirt.

Barely making a sound, I make my way down stairs where I wake up fully watching Adrien stand up to greet my parents in the morning. My dad passed right through him to the bakery and he looked absolutely baffled that my parents couldn’t see him like I could.

I fight a laugh at his bewilderment.

“Marinette? I don’t understand what’s happening.” He spotted me. I wave my hand signaling him ‘not now.’ it took a second but he figured it out. I don’t think he’s dumb for not understanding the situation the night before, I only think that he never really gotten to exercise the part of his brain that reads the moment much with how he’s been raised sheltered. I felt a bit bad calling him dense then, you're only dense if you are provided with the information but just seem to not be able to pick it up, not when you never have the chance to receive or experience something for the same information to use next time.

“Good morning Marinette!” Mom looked up from her toast.

“Morning mama.” I walked over and grabbed a warm muffin. Mom glanced briefly at her watch.

“I’ve got a few more minutes, how did you sleep dear?”

“Alright.” I sat down opposite to her.

“Good.” she dusted off her hands of crumbs over her plate and sat it in the sink. “Me and your father have a big order to make today so we don’t really have much time to hear of ghosts today. It’s alright to still be obsessed with them, just please try to refrain from following down the same path as your grandfather, okay?”

“They’re real though-” she shoots me a concerned look. “Yes mama.”

“Marinette?”

“Yes?”

“Should we take you back to see a therapist? I know they didn’t really do much to help the first time, but I really think that you might need one. I’m not sure if you think these fantasies will help you connect more to your grandpa now that he’s gone and you’ve never really met him, but you need to stop.”

“Yes mom.”

“Okay, I need to get to the shop to set up, oh, are you going to visit that boy again today?”

“Yes mom.”

“And they seriously won’t tell you how he’s doing? You’ve visited every day since your date and were in the ambulance with him, I feel like they should at least tell you something to relieve your worry. It’s been a week already.”

“Mom, you're going to be late.” I blushed, I wanted her out before she called me crazy or brought up my slight crush in front of Adrien. I want him to see me as a friend because Chloe would tear me apart if she knew and also, it’s embarrassing, both crazy and crush.

“You’re right, thank you, have a good day dear.” She gave me a kiss on the cheek and rushed to the bakery.

“Date?” Adrien asked, curious, taking my mom’s seat.