48 ~ "Can I sleep with you?, here"

Start from the beginning

"Then," She asked.

"I don't love her, She is lying," I said trying to make her trust me.

"Is she really pregnant with your baby?" She asked.

"Nooo, She is lying," I claimed.

She lowered her gaze and I didn't know how to tell her. I tightened my grip on her hand.

"Abhi, she was my mistress. I used to sleep with her..." I said.

"I know," She said slowly looking at me.

My eyebrows thinned as I asked. "How?"

"I do have a brain too, How come you know about consummation and all even when you aren't married. Also, when I first came here and went to that old designer to get ready. I heard some women saying that 'you only like chandramukhi'. Also, How come you know how to make a woman ready. You must be with a woman before me" She said.

"But..." She continued.

"But, I didn't know about sleeping and all."

"I am sorry Abhi, I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't know that this would happen. I am sor-"

"When did you slept with her last?" She cut me off.

I was out of words. She was looking into my eyes and I had to admit that I was afraid of her.

"You remember when I asked you to come to my chamber at night and we had a fight. I tore your blouse when you tried to kill me with a dagger. That night I went to her last." I said slowly.

"Never after that?" She asked.

"Never" I confirmed.

"How come she is pregnant if you don't love her. You said babies happen when two make love" She said having tears at the corner of her eyes.

"Abhi, She is not pregnant. I do sleep with her but I never loved her. She knows and she is not pregnant." I tried to make her believe me.

"What if she is? How are you so sure? You said sleeping together makes women pregnant and now you are saying she is not. Why?"

"Because... I know" I said getting closer to her confidently.

We both were looking into each other eyes when she asked.

"How?" She asked softly.

"I can't tell you but you have to trust me. She is lying, she is trying to create misunderstandings between us" I asked.

"Why she wants to create misunderstanding?" She asked.

"Because she is jealous of you," I said.

"Why she is jealous of me?" She asked.

"Because you are special to me and she thinks that she will part us by creating misunderstanding about Baby," I said.

"Is there any chance of misunderstanding between us?" She asked slowly.

I was out of words, I didn't know what to say.

"Abhi, I am sorry but I didn't know she would hurt you like this. I never thought of it. I am sorry, I didn't know that you would become my wife and things would turn out like this. I am sor-"

"Why she thinks that she would succeed in creating misunderstanding if she is lying," She asked.

"umm... Maybe because our bond is new and not enough strong." I said.

"Who said?" She asked.

I was completely silent, I didn't know what she wanted to say.

Our faces were close to each other holding each other gaze, My face had turned slightly red feeling scared and nervous of her reaction. I would have had in a much better situation if she thought of killing me but her silent behaviour and questions became more painful.