CHAPTER NINETEEN ━ BIGGEST FAN

Start from the beginning

"Of course not," the two women looked at each other. "Look, I didn't know who I was. But I do now. And we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone."

"Then..." The blonde wanted breathed out, panting softly. "Who are you?"

"The only one who can help Harlan," Vanya answered. While she and the woman she loved looked at each other, the Capulets were talking to each other in their heads, clearly amused by what Vanya said.

That was a good line, Paris thought.

Sounded very heroic, Poet thought next.

Without saying anything, Sissy gestured for them to walk forward. They did so and when Vanya reached the barn door, she quickly opened it and immediately ran towards the sound and the light.

"Harlan?" Vanya called out, everyone following after her and coming to find a boy elevating in the air. "Harlan, it's Vanya." Harlan gasped as if gasping for air. "Look, Harlan, I know you're really scared, but I can help you. I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?" Harlan continued gasping and Vanya glanced at Sissy who nodded. She later looked at Poet who knew what she was thinking and stepped forward.

Raising her hands up, Poet easily got through the barrier protecting Harlan and stood next to Vanya.

"Careful," Five said.

"Harlan?" Vanya called out to the boy again. She turned to look at Poet. "Can you calm him down?"

"I can't," Poet shook her head. "I-I can only cause nightmares. I can try, though."

As Poet levitated to Harlan's body, Vanya continued trying to catch his attention. "I don't know if you can hear me..."

"Come on, Poet," Poet mumbled to herself, raising her hands up and eyeing the boy. She stood directly in front of him and placed her hands on his temples. "Don't cause nightmares... but that's the only thing you were taught to do, dumbass."

"Uh..." Poet's thought were cut off by Klaus's voice, "guys?"

"What?" Diego questioned, his eyes never leaving his girlfriend's figure in the air.

"You don't have to do this!" Vanya continued to yell.

Everybody left to go see what Klaus was calling them for. Well, everyone except Diego, who stayed to make sure Poet was okay. When she heard his loud thoughts, she looked down at him and met his worried eyes.

"Go," she instructed. "I'm gonna be okay."

Diego gave her one more look before hesitantly leaving. When he saw who they were looking at, he sighed internally. "Ah, shit."

"What, who are they?" Klaus asked.

"One's the Handler," Five answered, "the other's Diego's biggest fan."

"What?" Klaus turned to look at Diego. The man shook him off.

"Lila," he simply shrugged. "She wants me but I am in a happy relationship with Poet. Won't leave me alone."