CHAPTER TWO ━ UNEXPECTED SURPRISE

(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘.) 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄
❝ WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? ❞

) 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄❝ WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? ❞

"SO, DO YOU LIKE THIS?"

Poet gulped at eyeing the food on the table, glancing up at Matthew who was eating his food very messily. She cleared her throat and grabbed her fork, cutting the egg and watching the yolk spill out.

Your face.

Poet looked over at the other side of the restaurant she and Matthew were at, eyeing the blue-eyed boy sitting in a booth with his dad across from him. He was holding a menu up to his face, hiding him from the eyes of his male teacher.

Keep making fun of me, Paris, and I'm going to make that milkshake get thrown on you.

At hearing his aunt's threat in his head, Paris chuckled and continued spying on the two, his blue eyes peaking over the menu to stare at the disgusted expression Poet made. She was trying to eat, but the man sitting across from her had thoughts so loud she could barely hear the others.

"So, where's Paris?" Matthew questioned, swallowing the food he was chewing. Poet cleared her throat and twisted her rings around her fingers.

"Um, he's at home," she easily lied, taking a sip of her milkshake. "Claimed he was old enough to take care of himself so I left him."

If he's old enough, then he can move out and leave me and Poet alone.

Poet ignored his thoughts and clenched her fist, gulping harshly to stop the rude comments from escaping her lips. She scratched the back of her neck and glanced at Paris who gave her a sarcastic smile and a thumbs up while thanking the waitress who gave him a chocolate milkshake.

"You have any family?" Matthew asked.

Or can we start one?

Poet sighed under her breath and shook her head. This man was really getting in her nerves. "No. Paris and I are the last remaining members of our family. Grandparents, dead. Parents, dead. It's just us two."

"So you raised him by yourself?"

"Yep," Poet nodded.

A moment of silence passed and Poet continued sipping her milkshake, ignoring Paris's teasing thoughts.

"Excuse me for a moment," Matthew coughed, standing and leaving. Poet sighed and dropped her fork on the plate, hands placing themselves on the sides of her face and hands intertwining on the strands of her brown hair. She looked down at her plate and heard footsteps coming closer to her. She looked up and saw Paris quickly heading towards her.