CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE ━ THE BLEEDING THROAT

(chapter thirty-nine.) the bleeding throat
❝ YOU DID WHAT YOU HAD TO.❞

☂

"YOU GUYS ARE CLOSER THAN EVER."

Five and Paris glanced at each other as their shoulders brushed against the others. They were standing close, yeah, but the only who did seem to notice was Klaus and Paris' dad.

"And why should that matter to you?" Five questioned, his hands clasping themselves behind his back while his eyes set on his brother. Paris gulped the slightest and cleared his throat while Klaus next to him nudged him.

"I'm just observing," Diego said, glancing at the two before looking away and eyeing Klaus as the man opened the door of the bar they were all about to enter.

"Look," Klaus said, pointing at Luther sitting in a table by himself, drinking. Paris scrunched his nose and when Diego and Klaus paid no attention to them but rather Luther, Five found this as a perfect time to place his hand on Paris' own. Paris jumped and after finding out what was the thing placed on his hand, he felt his face heat up at finding Five's hand with his own.

With Five limping, the two hid their hands behind their backs, not wanting anyone to see them as they headed towards Luther.

"Trying a little hair of the dog, are we? Hm?" Klaus questioned, humor lacking his voice.

"Leave me alone," Luther let out, clearly annoyed that his brothers and the Capulet wouldn't leave him alone.

"Give us a minute," Diego instructed, sitting beside Luther. Klaus, Five, and Paris looked at the man and nodded.

"Okay," Klaus started. "Come on. Maybe they'll brood each other to death."

The two walked away and for a second, Five stumbled back as he felt Paris not moving. Letting go of his hand, the blue-eyed boy headed towards Diego.

"You better hurry up," Paris softly told him. Diego looked up at him. "Aunt Poet and Aunt Allison might be in danger in this exact moment. And if we lose her, well, Diego, healing pain is not the only thing I can do. Causing it, I can."

He turned around and left and Diego gulped, looking away to look at his brother. Maybe he was scared of the boy. Just a little bit... okay, maybe a lot.

"Look," Diego started as he shook off his thoughts and looked back at his brothers, "Dad was wrong to lie to you. To all of us."

"Look, I did my time. Alright? Four years of there, watching and waiting because he said the world needed me," Paris rolled his eyes at Luther's words, annoyed just by even being around him. Was he the only one feeling this way? Maybe it wasn't only because he's basically making everything about him, but maybe it's because Luther has showed his hate to the Capulets. "Four years of nothing but soy paste and processed air because I was naive enough to believe that dads don't lie to their kids. But guess what? The joke's on me."