CHAPTER FOURTEEN ━ A PROMISED DATE

(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.) 𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
❝ YOU CAN FINALLY TAKE POET ON A DATE. ❞

 ❞

"So I found a way home."

Poet, perched on Diego's back, held on tightly as Diego stopped in his tracks at listening to his brother's words.

"What? How?" Luther questioned, fixing his pants.

"All the details are irrelevant, but..." Five answered, staring at himself in the mirror to fix his tie. "I made a deal to get back to our timeline."

"What about doomsday?" Diego questioned, squatting a bit so Poet could land on the floor with her feet. She did so and Paris passed her the rings she had taken off, grabbing his backpack on the side in the meantime.

"Won't happen."

"And the 2019 apocalypse?" Diego asked again.

"Everything will be back to normal," Five replied. "Alright? Now, no more questions. We gotta go." He sighed. "We have to find the others, right?"

"Yeah."

"Luther, Poet, you two get Allison—"

"Um, I want to do something first..." Poet smiled innocently. Everyone turned to look at her and she chewed on her bottom lip as she clasped her hands behind her back. "Can I do that?"

"Is it gonna take long?" Five asked.

"Nope," she said. "10 minutes tops."

"Then, yeah, but we have a short amount of time," Five nodded. Poet nodded and she looked at Paris who grabbed a couple of snacks and ate them, shivering as his body shook a little too quickly with energy. "Diego, Klaus," Five pointed at Diego. "I'll get Vanya. Now, we meet back in the arrival alley in 77 minutes." He walked towards a couple of watched while fixing his blazer. "Here. I've synchronized these watches."

"Okay, let's do this."

"Woah, woah, woah, hold on," Diego let out, stopping Five from walking away any further. "You show up drenched in blood and expect us to believe everything's gonna go back to normal if we go home now?"

"Elliott just got killed because of us," Five argued, pointing towards the covered dead body."

"What about Dad?" Diego questioned and Poet furrowed her eyebrows at him. "What about JFK?"