CHAPTER FIFTEEN ━ HAZEL AND CHA CHA MODE

(chapter fifteen.) hazel and cha cha mode
❝ MAKE THEM SEE THEIR WORST FEAR. ❞

 ❞

POET, DIEGO, AND PARIS WERE ALL WALKING TOWARDS DIEGO'S ROOM, THE CAPULETS looking around the hallway. Poet turned to look down at Paris who was passing Diego candy.

"So..." Poet started as soon as the three walked into Diego's room and Paris threw his backpack on the floor. "Your mom is great judging from your memories."

"I feel bad for you if you ever tried to hide something from her," Diego told Paris. The 14-year-old smiled a little. Diego turned to face Poet with a saddened look. "How 'bout you? Did you and your brother ever had anyone to take care of you?"

Poet snorted and Paris shook his head, knowing the history of the way his dad and aunt were treated behind the doors of the mansion they lived in.

"My parents only cared about our powers," Poet answered, standing up and leaning over Diego. He looked at her and saw her hand forming a red ball of energy. She looked at her hand and then at Diego. "See it for yourself."

With his eyes glowing red, Diego was immediately in a room with such intense lights and he looked around trying to process where he was in. He stopped his walking, though, when he turned around just to see Poet and Julian panting and their hands scraping on the floor when their opponents fought them.

He saw them sigh, looking at their parents from across the room, watching the twins with such hunger and jealousy in their eyes. Doctors were behind them, writing down whatever.

"These are your news coaches," a man, who Diego assumed was Poet's father, said in a loud voice so the twins could hear him clearly. "After you both defeated the other ones and killed them, I got new ones to replace them."

Poet went in for punch, only to feel her wrist getting caught in a tight hold. Diego could hear silent cracks and she was thrown across the room.

"Quick reflexes, my dear Poet," a woman said with a smirk on her face. "They'll know what's to come to them."

Julian went in for rapid punches here and there, his arms going to a speed so fast that Diego knew it was impossible. The blue streak that the brother left behind reminded Diego of the kid eating candy.

Diego watched on as Julian's arm was caught and was then thrown away to the side next to his sister. The people clapped, heading towards the four. The two opponents watched the couple with emotionless faces, standing almost soldier-like.

"Do not confide in them for comfort," their father said. "Do not tell them anything. Do not treat them as friends. Nothing, you hear me? They are here to teach you how to fight and how to advance in those fights. Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

Diego looked at Poet when he snapped out of it, looking at the girl with a sympathetic look. Poet smiled slightly.