CHAPTER FORTY ━ TALKING WITH HAZEL

(chapter forty.) talking with hazel
❝ THE WOMAN YOU TORTURED... ❞

 ❞

"SHE'S GONNA MAKE IT."

Everyone rushed out of the car, Five and Klaus trying to reassure Diego as they went inside the Academy. Because of his speed, Paris decided to take his aunt back to the Hargreeves and while doing so, he had placed his hand on top of his aunt's neck and helped her heal her damaged vocal chords and anything else harmed. But because the wound was deep, the cut was not closing as much as Paris wanted it to.

"Where is she?" Diego asked, his tone loud enough that it echoed through the empty entrance. He rushed immediately towards where he knew his mom and Pogo were going to be at and when he finally made it to the room, Grace was seen holding a syringe that was pierced into Paris' skin. Paris waved at them but he stopped when he noticed his bloody hand.

"She's going to be fine," he said, clearing his throat a bit while putting his hand down. "I managed to heal any damaged vocal chords and she suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. Grace is taking out blood because Aunt Poet lost a lot and we don't want her to not wake up, right?"

"There," Grace said, patting the boy's thigh and taking out the needle that was on display. At coming to see that, Diego whimpered and fell on the ground, causing everyone to look at where his body now laid.

"Only he would," Paris breathed out, standing up. But because of the powers he overused, he stumbled, holding on the chair he was just sitting on. Five headed towards him immediately and everyone stared at him. But Pogo and Grace smiled a little as they knew and turned around to stitch Poet up and give her the blood Paris gave. "Thanks."

"Am I the only that wonders what's going on between them?" Klaus asked, standing between Luther and Allison. They also nodded and Five disappeared before coming back and had food, that he could find, in his hands. He passed them to Paris and everyone looked at each other, wondering why all of a sudden Five was being so nice.

They all ignored it, though, and continued to do whatever they needed to do. Allison and, surprisingly, Luther had stayed behind to keep a close eye on Poet as she hadn't woken up, yet. Her throat now withheld stitches and her shirt was still stained with an excessive amount of blood. The two waited for her to wake up, but while they were doing that, Klaus, Five, Paris, and Diego were looking for Vanya, only to find Harold Jenkins dead. What a surprise. As they all came back to the Academy, they all separated; Paris went towards his aunt, followed by Diego, Klaus went wherever Klaus goes when he feels at his worst, and Five, well, after being told by Klaus that he was addicted with the apocalypse, was now sitting by the bar, making himself a margarita.