CHAPTER SEVEN ━ BREAKING IN

(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.) 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍
❝ WELL, THIS IS AWKWARD. ❞

🌂

🌂

"This looks like the right house, right?"

"Yep."

"Do we just knock or... break in?"

"I mean, it would take a long time to stand by and wait, so... break in?" Poet shrugged, glancing down at her nephew who nodded.

It was the next day after Poet and Paris found out Allison was alive, and after going back home to sleep and eat, they went on a search to find her house. Now, they stood in front of it early morning, sun beaming on them while Paris chewed on some pancakes.

"I mean, it's not the first time we've broken into a house," Paris gulped down his food as he and his aunt walked towards the front door. "Remember that one time we were going to that asshole's house back in Hollywood after he stabbed you?"

"God, he was such an idiot," Poet rolled her eyes. "Do I look stabbable?"

"Didn't Diego almost kill you when you first met?"

"I was gonna throw the knife at his head," the woman recalled, a smirk forming on her lips. "But, I felt nice and decided not to."

"Mmm, sure," Paris sarcastically said, squinting his eyes at her. He looked at the man next to Poet. "Dad, do you believe such lies coming from her mouth?"

"No, I don't," Julian answered, giving his sister a teasing smile. "She had a small crush on him that's why she didn't do anything."

"Shut up both of you."

The two chuckled and she playfully rolled her eyes before she and Paris looked at the door. She looked at the glass square closer to the door knob and raised her elbow, smashing against it. It, of course, caused the glass to break, but she raised her hand to stop the shards from falling to the ground and making a sound.

"Poet—" Julian started, but Poet raised her hand up and shushed him, mumbling a small "sorry" for cutting him off. She placed her hand through the broken glass and unlocked the door, causing a clicking sound to bounce off the house. She opened the door wider and peaked her head in. "Poet, Allison—"

"What the hell?"

Poet and Paris looked up at the source of sound and saw Allison with her mouth wide opened, staring at the two.