OO2. UNFINISHED BUSINESS

CHAPTER TWO. *ೃ༄
❝ UNFINISHED BUSINESS. ❞

 ❞

"I think they're pretty nice."

Poet helped Vanya stand on her own, guiding her through where the rest of the Umbrella Academy and her nephew headed at. She could hear Diego's loud thoughts about her whereabouts, his words getting louder and louder when she and Vanya got closer.

"Everyone likes you so I'm not surprised," Vanya groaned, holding on to her side while her fingers slightly massaged her back. "Though, don't mention it to Diego or Luther, they might lose it."

"Fine, I won't."

Making it to a beautiful spot, Vanya sighed in relief at coming to see her siblings and Paris unharmed. "Oh. Thank God you're alive."

"You guys okay?" Allison asked and Poet sent her a thumbs up while Diego held his arms opened to engulf her in them. Paris stood next to her, clearly not wanting to be close to Five.

"Apparently, so is Ben," Klaus replied to Vanya's comment.

Poet made sure to check up on Diego beside her and he let her, his eyes glancing at her and his siblings. Paris quickly sped around, healing everyone's pained hits and wounds while leaving Five alone. Klaus noticed, glancing at the others who noticed.

"Yeah," Allison slowly let out, replying to Klaus. "And he's a complete dickhead."

"They're all dickheads," Diego commented, agreeing with his sister before glancing at Poet and smiling a little. "Thank you, sweets. I'm okay."

"Dickheads who can fight," Luther corrected.

"Okay," Five began, clearly annoyed with the repetition of words and confused on why Paris was acting the way he was. He had an idea and he already knew it was that when he felt Poet's eyes glaring at the back of his head, "next person to say "dickhead" is getting a punch to the throat."

Poet could simply smile when everyone said the word they were threatened not to say, feeling the tension slight lessen.

"Hey," Diego talked to Klaus, leading Poet to sit down on the bench of the table Klaus was resting at, "did Dad tell you why he was calling them his kids?"

"He sure did!" Klaus chuckled. "You ready?" Everyone listened intensely and he took that as his cue to continue. "Dad was so repulsed by us back in Texas, that he adopted an entirely different group of children just so that he didn't have to raise us."