-25-

"Brother? What are you talking about? That guy's not my brother. I'm not Oon."

It takes Kongpob a whole 5 minutes before his calculating look, probably trying to piece the information he has to try to make sense of what Arthit is saying, turned into a pure rage. 

"Stop lying! I already know your whole life story, you damned psycho! Your lies won't save you anymore."

"Save me from what exactly?" Arthit asks in amusement.

Kongpob offers no response. 

Arthit tuts and shakes his head in disappointment. Finally sitting away from Kongpob's body, Arthit opts to sit on the bed and he softly caresses Kongpob's locks while he tells his real story. 

"Let me tell you my real story, I didn't come from a poor family nor my mother threw me away at an ugly orphanage. No, I was a haughty crazy rich heir," Arthit smirks. "Real crazy."

"Growing up, I hated people but you know, deep inside, I come to love them I guess because they're good toys for me. They're easy to be charmed and I love manipulating their thoughts and their feelings. But I wasn't harming them yet, but there were lingering thoughts in me," Arthit's eyes sparkle in reminiscence. "But the first time I did try it was towards our maid. Unfortunately, she was able to survive it,"

Unfortunately?! Kongpob throws Arthit a disgusted look. How can Arthit talk so easily as if he's not killing someone? As if he's not taking an innocent life. This is all a game to him. God, Arthit truly is crazy. 

Arthit grits his teeth, disappointed at himself. "I guess back then I wasn't able to smartly plan it but I learned from it. But before I could act some of the plans I have in mind, my parents threw me in an asylum," 

Arthit unconsciously touches his now unscarred skin. The reason why he's afraid when Kongpob threw him in that asylum was that it made him remember the year when his own parents threw him in one. The tortures and punishments he received are still burned in his mind as if it all happened yesterday. 

"There, I met a lonely guy, full of miserable stories," Arthit purses his lips and softly smiles at Kongpob. "What's his name again? Oh yeah! Aroon but he told me to call him Oon."

"You are not fooling me."

"Really?" From the bedside drawer, Arthit pulls out a photograph. 

The teen on the left has a brooding expression with scars. The very same scars he saw on the pictures given to him by Sister Thawon and the first victim's wife. And the very same scars Arthit is sporting. 

The teen on the right, scarless, has a smirk marring his face and he looks like Arthit so much. At a sneak glance, they look like twins because of their built and height but when Kongpob scrutinizes the picture, he clearly sees their difference. The only similarities they have are their eyes and the shapes of their mouths. 

"I befriended him because I thought he's like me only he's brooding. I asked about his life, in detail with dates, and as I told you, I never forget," Arthit smiles. "As his friend, I told him my plan and I told him I'm going to help him to have his revenge on people who made his life miserable. But,"

He squints his eyes in anger and his lips curl in disdain. "That son of a bitch rejected me, he said he deserved whatever happened to him. I found out he voluntarily checked himself in the asylum. He said he's going to change for the better because it's the Lord's will."

Arthit snorts. "Lord's will my ass. Can you believe him? I offered him my help but he had the audacity to reject me and he said he's fine on his own. I said fine but you see, no one says no to me."