-24-

As soon as Arthit is out of the asylum, Kongpob sends his request to his lieutenant to be transferred from the Samut Songkram back to the Bangkok City, hoping to start a new life with Arthit. 

One week after, his request is approved. 

So now, Kongpob and Arthit stand before Wad. Kongpob, of course, wants to bid Wad goodbye before he left for the city since Wad has been his best friend especially those times Arthit was away. Wad was always checking if Kongpob had eaten already, if not, Wad was the one to cook Kongpob an actual meal than Kongpob's own half-assed cooking. Wad was the one who took care of him. 

Although Kongpob doesn't want Arthit to join him in saying goodbye to Wad since Wad is still one of the reasons his suspicion increases. Kongpob's afraid Arthit might be triggered to do something to Wad. 

However, Kongpob also doesn't want to be obvious that he's hiding something from Arthit so he just let him be. He just hopes Arthit still didn't know it's Wad, after all, Kongpob did delete Wad's text messages. 

To Kongpob's surprise and relief, after hugging Wad tight, Arthit also pulls Wad in a very friendly tight hug. So maybe, Arthit doesn't know it's Wad. 

Pulling away, Arthit gives the bewildered detective a bright smile. "Thank you for everything, Wad. Kong told me that you took care of him when I was away. Thank you so much."

"Why were you away anyway?" Wad asks out of curiosity. 

Kongpob mentally groans. His curiosity is going to kill him. Kongpob pulls Arthit closer and squeezes his waist, wanting to calm him down. 

But to Kongpob's great surprise, again, Arthit merely smiles and politely answers. "Well, I had to fix some of my personal issues in life before I felt the need to go back to Kong again." Maybe, Arthit did change already. 

"Why? What's wrong with you?"

Okay, Wad should really stop. 

"We're going," Kongpob cuts off. "We're going to be late for our flight. Just send my regards to Prem. Okay? Bye!"

Bidding one last goodbye, the couple walks away from Wad. When they're out of earshot, Arthit turns to Kongpob. "Wad's very nosy, isn't he?"

Kongpob nervously smiles. "Yeah, but he's a very nice guy so don't mind him."

"Okay. As long as you said he can be trusted, then I'll trust your judgments."

/

"Here we are," Kongpob opens the door to their new house. Kongpob used the savings he has in those years of working at the Samut Songkram and got themselves a simple one-story house located near Kongpob's new workplace. "Sorry, this is just the house I can afford."

Arthit shakes his head. "It's beautiful, Kong. Really. I love this place."

Kongpob cups Arthit's cheeks and bops his nose. "We'll start a new life here."

"I'm excited."

Every time Kongpob would leave their house, he can't help but feel nervous. He always wants to go back and just check Arthit, to see what he's doing, afraid that he's doing something behind Kongpob's back again. Kongpob almost hired someone to stalk Arthit for him or worse, he almost put a bug on Arthit's phone, fortunately, he's able to shake himself from it. If he did and Arthit found it, all hell will break loose again. This time, Kongpob knows there's no fixing it back if he happens to anger Arthit again, worse, Arthit might start harming people again. 

Kongpob realizes, he just needs to trust Arthit more. If he said he's changed for the better, then Kongpob will hold on to his words. 

But his trust for Arthit doesn't mean his nervousness dwindles down. Aside from the fact that he has to leave Arthit all by himself, scared that he might be harmed or he may harm; this place also reminds Kongpob of those times he was working undercover. It makes him remember that he too used to kill people. He too was like Arthit as well.