Chapter 29: Home

It was the end of June, I had just finished my last class and was on my way back to the common room.

"Alexa, wait up, "  I heard someone calling from behind me. I turned to see Draco walking towards me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Can you promise me something?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "why am I always having to make promises from you."

"I'm serious Lex, "he growled.

"Ok ok, what is it?" I responded.

"No matter what don't leave your room tonight, " he said very seriously.

I looked at him with a worried face and asked, "what are you doing?"

"I can't tell you, just please trust me, " he begged.

"Draco if something is going to happen I am not staying in my room, " I responded.

"Just stay safe ok, " he said before walking away. I tried to stop him but he just ignored me.

Once I reached the common room I found Harry and ran up to him.

"Something is going to happen tonight, " I said.

He looked up at me, rolled his eyes then looked back down.

"Harry I'm serious, Draco warned me, " I begged him to listen.

"Why are you always talking about Malfoy?" he responded angrily.

"Why can't you ever just listen to me?" I shot back.

"FIne than what is going to happen tonight that is so bad, " he asked.

I looked to the ground awkwardly and said, "well I don't exactly know what it is."

"Of course not, "he said while standing up and walking away. I rolled my eyes in frustration then went to my bedroom.

I had decided I couldn't listen to Draco, I needed to know what he was going to do.

__________________________________

Later that night I left my room and walked through the hallways, looking for anything out of the ordinary. When I reached the staircase I saw a group of people walking up. Upon further inspection, I saw it was a bunch of Death Eaters.

I gasped but immediately shut my mouth so no one heard me. Once they were out of my view I followed them up the stairs. They walked to the astronomy tower which I assumed was where Draco was.

I didn't enter the room just to make sure no one saw me. After waiting for a bit they came back out and I quickly rushed back down the stairs to see the halls filled with other students. 

The Death Eaters began shooting spells at students and they ran out of the way. I looked up to see Draco, he quickly ran over to me and dragged me out of the hallway.

"I thought I told you to stay in your room, " he growled.

I ignored him and just asked, "what have you done Draco?"

He sighed and said with a slightly raised voice, "I didn't have a choice, you knew that."

I frowned while listening to spells being cast in the other room.

"Please, listen to me this time. Stay away, " he begged.

I nodded my head and watched as he walked back into the room with the Death Eaters. I turned and went in the other direction.

I found a hallway that was full of many other people and followed them outside. When we got there I pushed my way through the crowd to see Dumbledore lying motionless on the ground. I frowned from sadness and pointed my wand in the air just as everyone else did.