Chapter 23: The Christmas Party

Thank you guys so much for 350 views!!!!  I love every single one of you who is reading this <3

I hope you like this chapter also please make sure to comment, vote, etc. it would really mean a lot

__________________________________

It was two days before Slughorn's Christmas Party. I still didn't have anyone to take which I wasn't very surprised about. No one in this school liked or cared about me besides Ginny.

I was walking in the hallway back to the common room until I heard someone call my name from behind me. I turned to see Draco chasing after me.

"If you came to make fun of me I'm really not in the mood, "I said.

"No, but I do need something, "He responded.

I raised a single eyebrow, "You need something from me?"I asked, completely shocked.

"You need to take me as your date to the Slug Club party, "He begged.

"Why would I do that?"I asked with a confused and disgusted face.

"Come on, please. Just as friends or something, "He said trying to convince me.

"Since when were we friends?" I responded.

"Come on Mitchell, it's not like you have anyone else to go with."

He did have a point, there was no one else for me to ask.

"Fine, you can come with me. But as a temporary friend. Why do you want to get in so bad anyway?"

"I can't talk about it, "He responded.

I got more curious but shrugged it off. I knew I wasn't going to get it out of him right now, but eventually, I could convince him.

_____________________________

It was the day of the Christmas party and I was actually quite excited. Even though Draco wasn't my ideal date at least I had managed to find someone to go with.

I put on a deep green dress that reached to just below my knees. It had a V-shaped neck that showed off my perfect neck and collar bone. The sleeves and bottom were lined with detailed lace. I put my long brown hair into a fancy updo then placed a matching set of silver earrings and a necklace to finish off the look.

I looked into the full-length mirror and admired myself for a minute before heading out of the Gryffindor Tower.

I walked down the hallway towards Draco who was facing the other direction. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. He looked me up and down with a shocked face.

"What, is something wrong?"I asked.

"No, just wanted to make sure I wasn't showing up to this party with a complete mess, "He replied.

"So, are you?"

He hesitated to answer, "Eh, you look ok I guess."

I laughed knowing that was as good a compliment I was getting out of him. Before leaving I happened to notice he didn't look half bad himself. He was wearing an all-black suit with a black shirt underneath. His platinum blonde hair was perfectly set the way he always had it.

We walked into the party and I noticed that Harry had gone with Luna and Hermione went with Cormac.

We walked to the table together and socialized for a bit. Neville walked over and offered drinks which I gratefully accepted.

"So are you a party person or something?"I asked.

"What are you talking about, "He responded not even bothering to look at me.