EPILOGUE

I remember the first day I stepped into this Empire, it was wild and it seemed so unreal, all of it felt stupid. Even though my journey here was small but it was beautiful. All the memories we created, the laughs, the smiles, the perfect and stupid moments. I might not see or experience them again but they were worth it and would stay forever in me.

The hallways of the Castle of House Caldor which once were my home, today after ten years I walk through them, not as a daughter returning home, but as a defeated prisoner walking in chains and handcuffs. 

Caroline walks in front of me still using her powers to cancel mine and surrounding me are several dead soldiers. I no more call her mother, that would be a disrespect for a beautiful title. We stop before a huge door I assume that leads us in the throne room. The doors swing open and my assumption prove to be true. The memory of my father getting killed here comes rushing in and I try hard not to cry, I can't appear weak in front of him.

Finally after all the hide and seek, I see him, sitting right in front of me on the throne that does not belong to him. He is no different than his puppets, all shadowy, black curls like smoke appearing everywhere around him.

As I walk further inside, he stands up and the black curls follow his moment. Caroline goes and stands next to him and I stop right in front of them. The soldiers bow and take a step back but don't leave the room.

"Welcome," Ezuka's voice echo around us. "I have waited so long to meet you."

"I'm sorry, I can't say the same," I snap.

"Ahh, I like you already," He smiles.

"Still can't say the same and by the way, I'm really happy to see your fear towards me." He frowns. "Chains and handcuffs? Cancelling my powers? My bad that I had high hopes."

"Interesting," He chuckles, "Well, I guess I'm allowed to be scared because your powers are special and have no limits. But do you know the reason behind them?"

"Behind what?" I narrow my brows.

"The reason why you are the chosen one and why you were gifted with these powers."

"To kill you?" I ask bluntly.

"Funny but the reason is your mother," I snap my eyes at Caroline. "The Gods were so angry on her betrayal that they cursed her and the curse is such that her own blood would be the reason for her doom and so you were gifted with these powers, to destroy her."

I stare at both of them, my mind still processing the information he just gave me.

"You might be tired," Ezuka breaks the silence, "Guards, escort our special guest to her new chambers please." Saying so I turn back to leave the room.

The thought keeps hammering inside my mind as I follow the guards wherever they are leading me still trapped in these chains. My mother was cursed and that curse is no one else but me, her own blood. Now I realise, not all gifts are boons.