CHAPTER 11

"You are the General?" I ask startled.

"Why don't I look like one? Not all the Generals wear army uniform and go on a mission, we too like wearing comfortable clothes." She answers lifting a corner of her mouth.

"No I-I didn't mean it that way." I stutter.

"Just messing with you, don't you guys joke around here?"

"All right, now if you want to discuss it further, can we do it in our other conference room? Because thanks to you the first one is destroyed." Gloria says and everyone agrees with her.

"But you have to promise no further damage," Sam asks her, undoing the knot and Kate throws her hands up saying, 

"No promises, but I'll try." 

This conference room is a bit smaller than the burnt one, but it makes enough space for us to sit and discuss. I sit across Gloria and beside me is Sam and Kate.

Once everyone is settled Gloria starts, "So, how many of you are there?" She asks Kate.

"We are enough." Kate answers.

"Which key were you talking about? The one you came to steal from us." 

"The key to the Dark chest." She answers. 

"Okay, just tell me what other things are left for me to pop up like this?" I fold my hands.

"We don't know which chest is she talking about," My uncle answers.

"You people have no idea about the Dark chest?" Kate asks, her brows raised in surprise.

All of them shake their heads in denial.

"Great, so I just wasted my time coming here in search for the key, I thought that you guys were always a step ahead, but oh boy." She laughs.

Gloria clears her throat, "Get to the point General."

"Sorry, couldn't help my surprise. Well, the key we want, opens the Dark chest."

"What's the Dark chest?" Rick asks.

"It's the chest containing the darkest secret of Ezuka," Kate answers again. 

"May we ask what's the secret?" Sam asks annoyed.

"The location of the Lost Temple." She replies.

Hearing it, my uncle and Gloria gasps, Sam's jaw drops, Rick and I stare blankly at her, eyes wide.

"Oh, my houses!" Gloria exclaims. "You have the chest?" She asks breathlessly.

"No, no one knows where the chest is, but the rumours are that the key is said to be somewhere out there, so we guessed you might have it, but look at you all, I feel like a fool." Kate answers.

"That's okay, in some cases you take time to realise who you are, gladly you know it now." Sam gives her a tight smile and Kate rolls her eyes. 

"So you are saying first we look for the key and then the chest?" I ask.

"Yes." She says.

"Why don't all of your people come here and stay with us, I mean if we all live together, that would make everything easier." My uncle says.

"You have a point." She agrees. "I'll talk with them and let you know."

"Tomorrow evening is the Carnival, so if you shift before, then maybe we could get to know each other better," I say.

"All right, but after all this, we all go back to killing each other," Kate says.

"Agreed," Sam smirks. "Better watch out for yourself."