CHAPTER 31

I don't utter a word, nothing comes out of me because there's nothing left inside me anymore. 

"Evy, I know, this is hard for all of us, but it's the truth," My mother tries and explains it to me but I don't understand a word.

"He's been spying on us from the very beginning and giving out the information to Ezuka."

"But why would he do so?" I whisper, there's no strength left inside me to speak, "He does not have a reason." I try and deny everything I just heard.

"After all, Ezuka made him the Lord by killing his father and his sister. Ezuka made him powerful and there's nothing greater than power in this world." She says.

"But. . . I know him, he wouldn't do this, he can't do this," My voice cracks.

"Are you sure you know him enough?" She asks softly. "He showed us all, the part we wanted to see and not his true self, it was an act, Evy, a fake act, for all of us."

All of it was fake? We were fake?

"Come here to us, Evy and we all will fight back together with more strength, we are waiting," Saying so she leaves, leaves me alone as I'm fated to be.

I wake up with my cheeks wet and eyes burning. Looking around I find myself in my chambers and Sam sleeping on the chair beside my bed.  

"Sam," I whisper and she jerks up. 

"Oh," She blinks a few times, "Who was it? Victor again?"

"Could you give me a minute?" I ask. "I'll let you know everything later, all right?"

"Yeah, okay," She stands up and turns towards the door. "Just call me if you need anything."

"Thank you," I mumble and she offers me a smile as she gently closes the door. 

I sit still in there for a moment, staring blank at the door. It feels like my mind is a void and my heart is screaming while no one can hear it. I feel a storm building inside me, not sure because of the anger or sadness. 

Getting up I lock the door and start to rip out the bedsheets, cursing, screaming.

No one's ever been so kind to me. His words ring inside my head. 

The curtains had it coming next.

Evy, you are the most amazing and impossible person I've ever met in my entire life and I'm afraid I'll lose you. Pillows.

You are the best thing that ever happened to me. Glasses.

It's impossible to leave you knowing the fact that you still care for me. Chair.

I don't want to leave, I have to leave. Table.

What if it's not my past? What if it's my fate? Closet.

And I want you to know you are not alone, I'm here beside you all the time, no matter what. Carpet.

Sam starts pounding on my door, "Evy open up! Open or I'll break it," I don't think it matters anymore. 

You have to forget that I ever existed.

"Evy," This time it's Adrain, "Please."

Now I turn toward the mirror, I look ruined, I like it when you get angry and your nose turns red. Guess what? I'm boiling right now.