CHAPTER 16

"What?" Rick gasps and I stare at the hairpin in his hand. 

"We have to find everyone." I feel breathless. "Now." 

"On it." He replies and leaves in a hurry. 

After a few minutes, everyone appears in the conference room except, my dear Sam. 

"What is it, sweetie?" My mother asks me. "Are you okay?" 

"Yes, mother," I answer. "It's not about me."

"Then what is it?" Kate asks me from her seat. 

"I think we should wait for Sam," I say.

"Present!" She exclaims hurrying into the room with a. . . Sandwich. That's my girl.

 When everyone's expressions turn toward her, she raises a brow and says. "What? You guys won't even let me have dinner peacefully and oh sweet lord, I forgot my grape juice." She cries and turns towards me. "What have I ever done to you?" 

"Oh my houses, not her again." Kate rolls her eyes. 

Sighing I say. "Sam, I'll get you a gallon of grape juice after all this, okay?" She giggles in response. 

"Now, everyone please if I may have your attention." I start. "This would sound crazy as it is, but I . . . I guess I know."

"Know what?" I hear someone saying from the door and it's Laura. Oh god. And also a guy I have never seen before.

"Who said you should be here in the first place?" Sam asks her, chewing the sandwich. 

"I did." Gloria interrupts. "Everyone, meet Laura Palidon, Lady of the House Palidon." She introduces her. "And Nathan Merdiza, Lord of the House Merdiza. I guess as the members of the council, they should be informed about our progress just like us." Everyone bobs there head in agreement leaving Sam. Of course. And they join us in.

"All right." I sigh. "So as I was saying. . ." I pause just to make sure no one interrupts me any more. "Okay, I guess I know where the key is." I finish and not so soon everyone's face turns white.

Someone gasps, someone exclaims, while some of them don't move, still in shock like Sam, her mouth open to take a bite yet something stops her from taking it.

"My dear." Gloria starts. "Do you know what are you talking about?"

"Of course Gloria," I answer. "Do me a favour, can you try and revive my memory? Like you did when we met for the first time?" 

"Yes, I can." She replies. "But I need to know the specific day or time of the action that took place."

I curse under my breath. How am I supposed to tell her that? When I have nothing on my mind. "I don't remember a thing Gloria and you know that." 

"Well, yes indeed." She says. "But there are a lot of memories then Evy."  

"And less time." Rick completes. "Can you try and assume something? Like, when could possibly such a thing happen?"

I shut my eyes close and think about the possibilities.  And after a minute a hope grows inside me. I open them back and turn towards Gloria. "Possibly. . . The time after we escaped the castle." I start. "The day you send me to the other world, maybe before it. This all makes sense."

"Okay, if you say so." She answers. "I'll do it."

"This is our last hope," I mumble in a low voice, sitting back on the chair near.