CHAPTER 28

"Evy," I hear a knock on my door from Sam. "Open up," I don't reply, not sure about the reason. "Evy, I know you are awake, open up now, don't let me break this door for you."

I stand up and walk toward the door. I can't risk anything when it comes to Sam, she'll do whatever she thinks is right and not give a damn about anyone's opinion, in a way I do appreciate this behaviour of hers, but now's not the correct time and I have no doubt she'll break this door if I don't open it soon.

I open the door and she throws her hands around me in an embrace. "Oh thank my houses, are you alright? Are you crying? Are you not feeling well?"

"Hey hey," I stop her, "Calm down, I'm all right okay?"

"Oh," She frees me, "I was just a bit worried."

"I get it."

"So, he really left huh?" She asks me and I nod my head.

"Yes, he left," I sigh.

"I don't understand."

"What?"

"Boys. . . Men," She says, "I don't understand them."

I chuckle, "It's better that way and in the opposite, they think the same."

"Hey there! Pick a side girl," She exclaims and I laugh while shaking my head in response. "Why don't we go and have some breakfast, food fixes everything," She winks at me.

"You are hungry?" I ask.

"Are you kidding me?" She folds her hands, "Starving."

"I should have guessed that," It's Sam after all, "Come on, let's go."

As we turn around and walk toward the door, something hits me and the pain that spreads in my head couldn't have spread any faster, my vision starts to blur and so does my hearing. I feel myself collapsing while Sam mumbles something to me. And soon everything's blacked out. 

After a minute or two, I start hearing some blur voices, just the voices no vision, I'm still blacked out.

I hear someone calling out my name, but it's not Sam nor Henry.

"Evy?" He calls out again, "Can you hear me?"

"Yes," I reply.

"Oh thank my houses, Evy!" He exclaims and the realisation strikes me like a sword.

"Uncle Victor?" I ask.

"Yes, it's me," He answers, "You cannot believe how relieved and happy I am to hear you right now."

"I'm a bit confused," I say, "What's happening? How are you communicating with me?"

"Oh this," He starts, "One of our teammates have connected our souls so we can have this conversation."

"You mean by the power of Spirit?"

"Yes," He agrees, "Are you alone? Or are there other people with you?"

"I'm with Sam and was with Rick," I answer.

"Was? What does that mean?"

"He left, because of some unknown reason, so it's just me, Sam and Henry."

"Who's Henry?"

"Oh, he's our ship's captain."

"You are travelling on a ship?" He sounds surprised now.

"Oh yes, it's a little long story, but don't worry, we are all safe and okay here."

"All right, that's a bit of a relief."